Finally Joined the Club! - 2019 CX-5 GT-R

Get the 70-80% tint on the front windshield, or pony up for the ceramic. Both are highly worth it. I have 70% with a 5% strip on top with 20% on the front windows, and it*s a perfect match and ohhh so much cooler and better looking...

Enjoy your new whip. It*s exactly what I*d get if I splurged atm, but with black leather (hoping grey becomes an option)...
the fronts are DEFINITELY getting tinted to match the rears and from what I've been reading on here, 20% seems to be about the magic number.
highly considering getting the windshield tinted, I'm just concerned about what that might do for the HUD image.
If I tinted the windshield I'd probably do a 70%

May I ask what you paid for otd? I am in socal too. What is the tax rate?
sure.
cash price for vehicle was $33,681
after TTL, total was $36,858.62 ($250 of that was the retractable cargo cover)
minus $750 loyalty rebate

$36,108.62

Congrats on the new car. I bet that Machine Gray and parchment interior really pops.
very much does!
I really am loving the color combination.

How in the heck are people pulling these numbers? I have a very light foot, and after 2,000 miles have yet to get a tank over 24 MPG in my GT-R.
Jedi Powers.
Yeh, I guess.

But I'm a really conservative driver. When the guy is pulling an extra 4MPG on mountainous roads...

Maybe I just need something to whine about. Gotta keep the skill set intact.
coming down the mountain means a lot of 'off throttle' driving so I'm sure that helps the average.
plus at the moment I'm babying the crap out of the car just to break it in.
Once I get past 600 or 700 miles and let the little turbo spool I'm sure it'll be a totally different story.

Gave the car it's first wash today

WAVnyQRh.jpg

^ Man the front plates mess with the Mazda Styling mojo a bit. Still looks good though.

Very nice MPG for the turbo. Still trying to figure out how you have considerably better MPG on this vs. your 2015. Do you engage the turbo very often? I thought it only really kicked in over 4k RPM.

The turbo provides the torque down low, so it's actually fully spooled and producing that 310 ft/lb way down in the powerband. Unless you're pulling hills or giving gas to pass, the turbo isn't spooling, and the gas mileage is great. I really wanna see a graph of the Air/Fuel for one of these things. I suspect it runs rather rich from the factory for detonation protection, and if so, more power and even better mpg can be gotten with a little lean out...I wanna tune one of these things sooooooooooo bad, but I just can't and won't cough up the coin to do it with this 2019 model...

Very nice MPG for the turbo. Still trying to figure out how you have considerably better MPG on this vs. your 2015. Do you engage the turbo very often? I thought it only really kicked in over 4k RPM.

I just drive like I always have. The 2.5NA is just gutless and it ended up working too hard to come close to EPA ratings, unless I drove insanely slow and lethargically.

The above mpg picture is from me driving from the Missouri/AR state line to Springdale, AR, then back north to just south of Springfield, and then back to the Missouri/AR state line. PLenty of hills, 80mph, etc.

Last edited:
Not too shabby on those MPGs uno.

Hmmm..makes me curious now as to real world mpgs for the upcoming U.S spec Diesel.

Back