June map update available

The map updates are optional. By keeping the system maps updated you will have any new road constructed, exit changes, etc. Important if you are traveling in newer urban areas with ongoing development. I plan on updating the maps whenever Mazda has an update available. The toolbox is located on the Mazda website for download. https://mazda.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?live.ui.locale.code=en The latest update took about 30 minutes in total. The amount of time will depend greatly on your Internet download speed.

Wade

The map updates are optional. By keeping the system maps updated you will have any new road constructed, exit changes, etc. Important if you are traveling in newer urban areas with ongoing development. I plan on updating the maps whenever Mazda has an update available. The toolbox is located on the Mazda website for download. https://mazda.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?live.ui.locale.code=en The latest update took about 30 minutes in total. The amount of time will depend greatly on your Internet download speed.

Wade

I will definitely have to give this a try! Thanks so much for the link to the website.

I posted this in a couple of threads so everyone would see it. If that's a violation of posting rules please let me know. I'm new to the forum and just felt this was valuable info.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The update didn't work for me. I downloaded it and my SD card is not being recognized by the navigation system. I get a pop-up that says my car isn't equipped with navigation even though I've had it since June 2017, when I purchased it new.

I used the tool box to analyze my SD card and found that each file has a notation next to it that says "Signature: Invalid". I spoke with the dealership and they said they've never seen that and have no idea of how to correct the problem short of spending $400+ to analyze the system or $399 for a new SD card.

Mazda Connect couldn't help either. They just told me to go to my dealership.

Until I find out more about this problem I would suggest avoiding the new update!!!!!

I posted this in a couple of threads so everyone would see it. If that's a violation of posting rules please let me know. I'm new to the forum and just felt this was valuable info.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The update didn't work for me. I downloaded it and my SD card is not being recognized by the navigation system. I get a pop-up that says my car isn't equipped with navigation even though I've had it since June 2017, when I purchased it new.

I used the tool box to analyze my SD card and found that each file has a notation next to it that says "Signature: Invalid". I spoke with the dealership and they said they've never seen that and have no idea of how to correct the problem short of spending $400+ to analyze the system or $399 for a new SD card.

Mazda Connect couldn't help either. They just told me to go to my dealership.

Until I find out more about this problem I would suggest avoiding the new update!!!!!

Did you try reinstalling update to SD card or restoring from the backup that the app asks you to make before installing the update? Also, check that the SD card is seated in the slot and the lock switch on the side isn*t in the locked position?

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to reinstall the update but it says it's already on the card and won't reload. I tried the backup but that didn't work either. The SD card is inserted correctly and the card is unlocked. io need to find out how to get rid of the "signature: Invalid!!" notations.
I surely can't kibe the only one who has had this problem. . . . . . . or am I. ???

I just do it while it's free. Although, I have never used the nav. For the "pay" price you can use that and buy a Garmin every three years and be light years ahead of the cars nav. Or using your phone.

Just completed the June update. It went very well. Pls note that the download is about 5.6 Gig.

OMG.

I'm in the sticks, on Verizon 4g. That would take all night and burn through most of my high-speed allowance.

Sounds like I'll be making a trip to my local library.

Yesterday I did the map updates on both my 2016.5 CX-5 and my 2016 MX-5. The CX came with factory nav (warranty is almost up and this is my 3rd update), the MX has nav from the SD card purchased from Amazon and this is the 1st update.

Seems that the Mazda Toolbox needed updating, so that was first on the list and easy.

I inserted the factory card in my PC from my CX first, keeping in mind that this card worked perfectly before this. The first thing that happed is that my PC (Win 10) gave me a warning that the card had issues and would I like the PC to scan and repair those issues? No, don't scan it.

The Toolbox told me that there was a update available and would I like to back up my card and install it? Yes, I would and did. It tool a lil while but the update seemed to be successful, it told me so anyways. But when I checked on the version after the update it told me that I still had an old version and would I like to install the 'new' June 2019 version? Huh? I just did that. I used the Toolbox's diagnostic to check on the card and it told me that my card was invalid. WTF? Now I'm worried. I took that card back out to the CX to see if it would still work in the car, it did but I can't check on the version from the car. I brought the card back in and went through the entire procedure again, same result.

Now I try the same thing on the Amazon nav card for the MX. It works perfectly and as intended. It updates the card and then the Toolbox tells me that the card has the June 2019 updates installed and I'm good to go. It also tells me that I have updates available through 10/2022. I take the card out to the MX and insert it, perfect. But again, there's no way to tell what version it has from the car.

Looks like I'll be spending some quality time on the phone with Mazda Connect today.

So, I called Mazda Connect support yesterday about the above.

After asking me some questions it was determined that my SD card is somehow bad, even though it works in the car, it won't update.

I was given a reference number and told that I must visit a dealer and I will receive a new Nav card. I called the closest dealer and they have only one card in stock. They put my name on it and I have an appointment for Thursday, we'll see.

So, I called Mazda Connect support yesterday about the above.

After asking me some questions it was determined that my SD card is somehow bad, even though it works in the car, it won't update.

I was given a reference number and told that I must visit a dealer and I will receive a new Nav card. I called the closest dealer and they have only one card in stock. They put my name on it and I have an appointment for Thursday, we'll see.

I visited the dealer as I mentioned above. They attempted to update my old SD card on their system and could not. I left with a new card installed. I haven't updated it yet since I haven't driven the required 63 miles. I'm hoping that the new card allows me three more updates over the next three years.

Back