June map update available

Turborascal

Contributor
:
2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature; 2019 Mazda MX-5 30 AE, RF, #150/3000
The June map update for Mazda Connect GPS systems is now available via the Mazda Toolbox.
I updated my card a couple of hours ago without issue.

Thanks for the tip. I just installed the update. I had just updated the SD about a week ago (new CX5 Sig - about 10 days old). I guess I just missed the June release. I used the PC Toolbox app and it takes forever to download the update data - even over 115mbps broadband. It seems the app is kinda flakey since both times I've used it - it crashed at least once. This was even before it wrote to the SD. Restarting the app worked fine the 2nd time.

Thanks for the tip. I just installed the update. I had just updated the SD about a week ago (new CX5 Sig - about 10 days old). I guess I just missed the June release. I used the PC Toolbox app and it takes forever to download the update data - even over 115mbps broadband. It seems the app is kinda flakey since both times I've used it - it crashed at least once. This was even before it wrote to the SD. Restarting the app worked fine the 2nd time.

I have gigabit (Google Fiber) Internet and the download speed is slow for me as well.
Apparently the bottleneck is Mazda*s servers.

I*ve had the toolbox crash only once ... and that was a couple of years back.
You*re fortunate that the crash didn*t brick your map SD card.

Do you still have to type in United States to change to another state?

Negative. Once I log in; my SD card is recognized and I*m offered the update without entering other information.

I think he was referring to the cumbersome way you need to enter a destination address in another state. I haven't tried yet, and my wife is driving the Mazda. So someone else will likely answer before I try it out.

Do you still have to type in United States to change to another state?

That's likely the infotainment system itself, tbh.

I don't think the map update would do anything to how the interface works.. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I'm new to this, so I want to make sure I have this right as I just picked up my CX-5 a few weeks ago. Do I just need to find the site to download the toolbox from, take my SD Card and put the update on it? Or is this something that has a cost to it and I have to subscribe to?

I'm new to this, so I want to make sure I have this right as I just picked up my CX-5 a few weeks ago. Do I just need to find the site to download the toolbox from, take my SD Card and put the update on it? Or is this something that has a cost to it and I have to subscribe to?

It's free for the first 3 years.

Let me get your guys opinion. Bought my CPO 2016 CX-5 GT in December and went to update the SD today and obviously its out of the 3 year free window, but the map version on it now is 2017 Q2. Is it not reasonable for me to expect the dealer to have updated the maps to the most recent revision (at the time, so 2018 at least)? Ill be giving them a call Monday. Doesnt help that the salesman told me they are free and update automatically.

Doesn*t help that the salesman told me they are free and update *automatically*.

They'll tell you anything to get a sale.(crazy) He was partly correct, the updates are free for the first 3 years, but automatically, no... Thinking about it, it would be good if the maps did update automatically.

Suggest to buy it from eBay. <$100.
Find the correct model # on the SD card first.

I would buy from a genuine Mazda dealer on eBay.
Cheaper one might just be illegal copy. Your call.

Thanks for the tip! Car is one month old and I checked the 1st week and nothing available then. But boy the download is pretty slow. I have over 300 mbs.

Thanks for the tip! Car is one month old and I checked the 1st week and nothing available then. But boy the download is pretty slow. I have over 300 mbs.

I know what you mean! It took a long time to download but it finally did and it is working perfectly.

Just completed the June update. It went very well. Pls note that the download is about 5.6 Gig.

Honestly, how often do you need to do the updates? I currently own a 17' CX-5, and I have never done any type of update.

Where exactly is the "toolbox?" How long does it take to update?

Thanks!

Back