Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended warranty cost?

Registered Member

Extended warranty cost?

Anybody know what extended warranties run on a new cx5? Any recommendations on where to buy at a discounted price? Thanks

Registered Member

cx5 gt +pp 2018

Think there was a thread somewhere on that. If I remember correctly price varies from greatly from one dealer to another but was in the range 1.3k to 2.4k for the extended package. Just price shop different dealers and see the cheapest.
    They got few options as well.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

I paid $2.4K for mine. Bumper to bumper 10 years/150K miles on my CX5 GT-R, $200 deductible nationally, $0 deductible at my dealer (who has proven honest and competent with repairs multiple times in the past).

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Uno payed full price.

Like everything else, an extended warranty can be negotiated...and that's with any dealer. You aren't limited to the one you bought the car from.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 84k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Uno payed full price.

Like everything else, an extended warranty can be negotiated...and that's with any dealer. You aren't limited to the one you bought the car from.
    This is true. That being said, usually if you buy the added protection from the same dealer you're getting the car from, they may be more willing to flex on price (since they're already making money on the sale of the vehicle).

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    This is true. That being said, usually if you buy the added protection from the same dealer you're getting the car from, they may be more willing to flex on price (since they're already making money on the sale of the vehicle).
    This is not true for all of us buyers. My dealer never called me for any service and has sent 2 letters in 3 years. I guess it depends on if you were Chuck Norris in negotiations - they mostly wont bother.

Official Defender of Zamdatm

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    This is not true for all of us buyers. My dealer never called me for any service and has sent 2 letters in 3 years. I guess it depends on if you were Chuck Norris in negotiations - they mostly wont bother.
    Sorry, I should have clarified. What I meant to say was that if you purchase the extended warranty from the same dealer you're buying the car from at the time of the vehicle purchase, the finance manager is usually more flexible on price because they can work it into the vehicle deal.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Mazda3 s

Sounds like I overpaid. Sigh. 8 years/120K, $100 deductible. $2400. Oh well. Financed at .9% so not terrible.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    Mine refused t9 budge. It was a better deal than the one offered by ky credit union though, so I went with it.

Registered Member

7 years/100k miles for $1,500. No deductible. 2019 cx5 signature. I was very hesitant ��

Registered Member

Hey all, are you guys buying an actual Mazda extended warranty from a 3rd party seller? Or is it a 3rd party warranty that is accepted at Mazda dealerships?

I was looking on the Mazda website and I couldnít find any warrantyís that went past 100k miles.

Thanks.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature Soul Red Crystal Metallic

1300$ in Toronto Canada for 7 year, 200k warranty.

Registered Member

Picked up the new cx-5 yesterday, but dealer didnít want to discount warranty much so passed for now. Is there a US dealer out there that is known to discount extended warranties pretty heavily?

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Stickygreen View Post
    Picked up the new cx-5 yesterday, but dealer didn*t want to discount warranty much so passed for now. Is there a US dealer out there that is known to discount extended warranties pretty heavily?
    Mazda isnt like GM or Dodge. They don't offer a warranty. The individual dealer offers a warranty product from a symbiotic company. The cost and efficacy of said warranty depend on the dealership and their symbiosis and how strong the dealer's footing is. My dealer is absolutely rock solid, even eating a $2800 repair bill for me one time, as they replaced the diff I had flooded in my last cx5. Even though I did not buy it or a warranty from them.

In turn, I paid 2400 for a 10/150k mile warranty from them with this cx5. They refused to bargain on it even after I turned it down and finalized all paperwork without it, and left the dealership. I came back 2 hours later and got it. I know of no stronger bargaining than to believe myself, that I couldnt be swayed (they didnt even try discounting it). Zero deductible, covers everything but tires, belts, and oddly, speakers. Zero deductible at my dealer, 200 nationally.

Different dealers may offer and stand behind different warranties, differently.

I came back and got it because I realized after an hour and a half that I truly liked my GT-R as more than an appliance.

Registered Member

So are you saying that Mazda doesnít offer a factory-backed extended warranty? The dealer I purchased from mentioned something about them all being aftermarket, but I was in a rush to get home so didnít stay for the whole spiel.

Every other brand Iíve bought cars from has had a manufacturer backed warranty so Iím a bit surprised to hear this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast