Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Must Admit as a Mazda CX5 Fan, 2019 Chevy Blazer Looks Awesome

2017 CX5 AWD Touring

Must Admit as a Mazda CX5 Fan, 2019 Chevy Blazer Looks Awesome

I own and have owned 2 CX5's, the latest being a 2017 CX5. I saw a new 2019 Chevy Blazer and that thing looked good. The styling is pretty aggressive and great looking.

I also like the idea of a NATURALLY ASPIRATED V6 engine which is hard to find today, as most are 4 cylinder turbos. 308 HP and 270 Lb.Ft of torque and a towing capacity of 4,500 lbs is pretty good. Plus it has a 9 Speed Auto Trans.

I like the idea that you can DISCONNECT the AWD system with a knob turn.

The infotainment system looks way better than the current Mazda setup. Wireless charging for phones is a nice touch. Although, Mazda is updating it for 2020

It surely livened up the SUV market. Still love my CX5 but the 2019 Chevy Blazer sure stands out as competition.

https://youtu.be/2aB8vsOQagU
    Last edited by Lbear; 06-02-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Registered Member

Its ugly,its built in Mexico,and its GM. That's a 3Xno for me.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

I don't think it is ugly. It seems to have a true AWD system. But GM doesn't have that great a track record in terms of reliability. Leasing one would be fine. What I am surprised that car makers don't copy from Mazda is the display dial in the console where one's hand rests. You don't even have to take your eyes off the road to navigate on the display. It is much nicer than reaching and touching the display or using a dial on the display. The display is the most used thing so it makes sense to have the control right there by your hand.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

I like the look of it, but prefer my cx5 GTR and dont wish Id gotten the Blazer. Id much rather have a Ford edge ST in that market segment.

2017 CX5 AWD Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Roblack View Post
    Its ugly,its built in Mexico,and its GM. That's a 3Xno for me.
    Mazda builds vehicles in Mexico, like the Mazda3 and soon the CX3, CX5 and 6 will be built in Mexico.

It's definitely not ugly. Looks can be subjective but it's not an ugly SUV. None of the reviewers said that.

As far as being a GM, I agree there, not the best reliability and interiors but they have improved over the years.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I like the look of it, but prefer my cx5 GTR and dont wish Id gotten the Blazer. Id much rather have a Ford edge ST in that market segment.
    Put 335hp and 380 lb tq in the CX5, and I*ll buy a new one tomorrow. A version with that, wider and larger tires and wheels, and a big brake kit is really all that is missing for the most part...

I canít see myself buying the Ford or Chevy, but I like certain qualities of both, and do think the new Blazer looks great, but I need to still see it in person, so I plan to, this week...

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Chevy is a no from me.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 82k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

2017 BMW X1

I was drawn to the style because it*s different, but I was let down with how it drove (V6 version). Very sluggish and *big* feeling. Interior material quality is bad, but pretty typical for a US brand. Was sad to cross it off my list. Frankly, given the ridiculous asking price, polarizing style, and rare sightings on the road, I think this will be a sales bust that is discontinued after a few years.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
    Mazda builds vehicles in Mexico, like the Mazda3 and soon the CX3, CX5 and 6 will be built in Mexico.

It's definitely not ugly. Looks can be subjective but it's not an ugly SUV. None of the reviewers said that.

As far as being a GM, I agree there, not the best reliability and interiors but they have improved over the years.
    And that will be when I no longer buy a new Mazda.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Put 335hp and 380 lb tq in the CX5, and I*ll buy a new one tomorrow. A version with that, wider and larger tires and wheels, and a big brake kit is really all that is missing for the most part...

I can*t see myself buying the Ford or Chevy, but I like certain qualities of both, and do think the new Blazer looks great, but I need to still see it in person, so I plan to, this week...
    No, I simply meant id prefer the ST over the Blazer SS. If the cx5 got more, then all the merrier. Im happy with my gtr, but obviously wouldnt be opposed to a tarted up version.

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Big think about the blazer is the RIP off pricing. Like most gm vehicles, overpriced compared to imported (tariffed) Japanese cars with the same or more features. All while using cheaper MX labour. American rip off.

2017 CX5 AWD Touring

I agree on the pricing. Ridiculous at 50K+ for the AWD loaded version. Although with GM vehicles, you can usually get crazy incentives that can knock that down to low $40's but still a pricey SUV.

I am not a big fan of Mazda building vehicles in Mexico. I do feel the quality control is better in Japan. Second place for QC would be the USA. Last would be Mexico. Mazda said it will eventually build the CX platform SUVs in Mexico also. Right now it's just the Mazda3, with more to come.

Registered Member

Mazda

I would rather purchase a base RX350 than a fully loaded Blazer or a CX-9 from Japan over a CX-5 from Mexico.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

And that will be when I no longer buy a new Mazda.
    Agreed I made the mistake of buying a brand new 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec V built in Mexico for my son. First day I open the glove compartment it falls to the floor and never could be fixed by the dealer. Car fell apart almost weekly with loose bolts and mis aligned parts. Never again.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

No, I simply meant id prefer the ST over the Blazer SS. If the cx5 got more, then all the merrier. Im happy with my gtr, but obviously wouldnt be opposed to a tarted up version.
    I know what you meant, and they*re still overpriced junk. Hopefully the Mazda doesn*t follow suit...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast