2017~2024 CX-5 Brake job torque setting?

:
Cx5
Have a 2017 CX-5 GT. Doing front and rear brakes with rotors and pads this weekend. Does anybody know what the torque settings are for the caliper slide pin and caliper bracket bolts? Thanks in advance.

Anybody? I found a range of torque settings in the mazda repair manual, but has anybody done this and can give me a set number for each of the bolts? Or do I split the difference in the range from the manual? Thanks again.

I've got 68 to 81 ft.lbs on front caliper mounts and 23 to 28 on caliper bolts. I think rears are similar. But if you have push button emergency brake for rears the procedure for pushing in caliper piston is different. You have to put the system in maintenance mode and do not turn the piston. Only enough to line up pad and piston. . If I get a chance I'll post a link. I just did my rears and doing fronts soon on 2017 CX5..

2017~2019 Brake job torque setting

Have a2017 cx5 GT. Doing front and rear brakes with rotors and pads this weekend. Does anybody know what the torque settings are for the caliper slide pin and caliper bracket bolts? Thanks in advance.
Here are the torque settings on caliper slide pins and caliper brackets for 2018 CX-5. For caliper pins the front is 23~28 ft-lb; and the rear is 17~22 ft-lb. For caliper brackets the front is 68~81 ft-lb, and the rear is 63~75 ft-lb. Notice that for 2019 2.5T the dual-piston brake caliper is used at front and the torque spec for caliper pins is significantly higher at 62~68 ft-lb.

2018 CX-5 Front Brake Single Piston Floating Caliper Torque Spec.jpg
attachment.php

2018 CX-5 Front Brake 2-Piston Floating Caliper Torque Spec.jpg
attachment.php

2018 CX-5 Rear Brake Caliper Torque Spec.jpg
attachment.php

Anybody? I found a range of torque settings in the mazda repair manual, but has anybody done this and can give me a set number for each of the bolts? Or do I split the difference in the range from the manual? Thanks again.
This's something I don't like as Mazda has always been giving a range to the torque spec instead of a single number which is different from everybody else. I usually just take the middle value of the range and call it a day.

On the 2018 CX-5, do the front caliper pistons get 'screwed' in or are they like conventional pistons and are squeezed straight in?

2017~2019 Brake job torque setting Reply to Thread

On the 2018 CX-5, do the front caliper pistons get 'screwed' in or are they like conventional pistons and are squeezed straight in?
Never seen the piston of any front brake caliper needs to be "screwed in" in any vehicle. For front we always push the piston in. The reason why the caliper piston gets screwed in at the rear is because there's mechanical parking brake function build-in. Now the electrical parking brake changed the way we have got used to and the piston of rear brake caliper no longer needs to get "screwed in" when it's in Maintenance Mode.

Thanks everybody. Will just pick the middle of the torque range and be done with it. Weird how mazda does the range thing. I asked at the auto parts store and they couldnt tell the specs either.

Thanks everybody. Will just pick the middle of the torque range and be done with it. Weird how mazda does the range thing. I asked at the auto parts store and they couldnt tell the specs either.
IMO Mazda has always been trying to be different in many areas. The specs on fluid capacity is another example that many are contradict to the real capacity when you follow the factory stated procedure to refill. Although some would argue Mazda has said those capacities are "approximate", but these make people feel sloppy jobs on precision, just like giving a range value on torque specs.

Here are the torque settings on caliper slide pins and caliper brackets for 2018 CX-5. For caliper pins the front is 23~28 ft-lb; and the rear is 17~22 ft-lb. For caliper brackets the front is 68~81 ft-lb, and the rear is 63~75 ft-lb. Notice that for 2019 2.5T the dual-piston brake caliper is used at front and the torque spec for caliper pins is significantly higher at 62~68 ft-lb.
Hi Thanks for posting. I'm looking for front brake caliper slide pin bolt torque for 2016 cx 9 touring. I'd think same specs as cx 5 above, right? and not a dual pistion? Can you confirm? Thank you!

Hi Thanks for posting. I'm looking for front brake caliper slide pin bolt torque for 2016 cx 9 touring. I'd think same specs as cx 5 above, right? and not a dual pistion? Can you confirm? Thank you!
I believe your gen-2 CX-9 uses dual-piston calipers at front. The torque specs should be at least similar. But to be safe, you really should find correct official specs for your CX-9.

I believe your gen-2 CX-9 uses dual-piston calipers at front. The torque specs should be at least similar. But to be safe, you really should find correct official specs for your CX-9.
Yes I took out the caliper pin bolts on mine and it is dual piston as you said. I thought you had access to shop manual pages on the cx-9 as well .. but no problem. I cross referenced front caliper part number in my cx-9 and it is the same on 2019 cx-5 GT reserve and signature. So I’m good with those higher specs. Thank you.

yrwei52, Do you happen to have spark plug torques/or instructions for the new cx-5?
I'm looking to change them next, (waiting for the plugs from the dealer) but hard to find these values. I'd imagine same torques as on the cx-5...

yrwei52, Do you happen to have spark plug torques/or instructions for the new cx-5?
I'm looking to change them next, (waiting for the plugs from the dealer) but hard to find these values. I'd imagine same torques as on the cx-5...
The torque spec on spark plug for 2.5L is 12~14 ft/lbf. 14mm thin walled spark plug socket is needed. Of course the spark plug type on your 2.5T will be different from 2.5L, but the size is the same and the torque should be similar. Again, check the specs for 2.5T to make sure.

2016 spark plug torque

IMO Mazda has always been trying to be different in many areas. The specs on fluid capacity is another example that many are contradict to the real capacity when you follow the factory stated procedure to refill. Although some would argue Mazda has said those capacities are "approximate", but these make people feel sloppy jobs on precision, just like giving a range value on torque specs.

I like having the range because it gives some sense of how precise one needs to be. If the range is 10-50, then I'm fine doing it without a torque wrench. If the range is 20.3-20.8 , then I'm going to make sure I nail it.

I'd prefer they report 20 +/- 2 than 18-22 though, even though they are the same spec.

View attachment 220979
attachment.php

View attachment 220980
attachment.php

View attachment 220981
attachment.php

View attachment 220979
attachment.php

View attachment 220980
attachment.php

View attachment 220981
attachment.php
Does this apply to the 2016 cx-5 gt as well? Does anyone know the brake torque specs for 2016 cx-5 gt? Thanks.

Back