Almost instant boot-up

I took the brake tap instruction to mean at least every 25 minutes. Meaning tap more frequently if you like, but never more than xx minutes between taps. Since my car was in a stuffy hot garage, I got out after the update started and watched TV. I didn't need a timer, just whenever I had TV commercial I'd go back back to monitor the progress and do the brake tap. BTW, IIRC, the progress bar screen said to tap every 20 minutes - or - open and close the driver's door. So I ended up doing both.

Yeah, someone else here suggested tapping the brake RIGHT at the beginning when the progress bar is at 1%. That made sense. Tap it there, and then set a timer for 20 minutes. I'll do 15 like I originally set myself up to do, but then second guessed.

I'm lucky it didn't cause any major issues. Thank goodness!

Yeah, someone else here suggested tapping the brake RIGHT at the beginning when the progress bar is at 1%. That made sense. Tap it there, and then set a timer for 20 minutes.

It's in the pdf (MAZDA FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCEDURE WORLDWIDE) page 7:
Reinstall.jpg

It's in the pdf (MAZDA FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCEDURE WORLDWIDE) page 7:
View attachment 220991

By golly it is.. LOL.

I even remmeber seeing that diagram.

What a tool I am - I did everything else right, checked off step by step what I was doing, checked the USB stick for corruption, checked the Hash of the update file, did it all right, and missed that one bloody step lol.

Thanks!

By golly it is.. LOL.

I even remmeber seeing that diagram.

What a tool I am - I did everything else right, checked off step by step what I was doing, checked the USB stick for corruption, checked the Hash of the update file, did it all right, and missed that one bloody step lol.

Thanks!

No biggie. It seems to of worked regardless. I think the impact might depend on exactly what was happening at the moment it shut-down. It is still possible that a buffer write failed (or was corrupted), but it wasn't in a critical component. If you start noticing odd problems, you could try re-installing .335. That's assuming it will allow you overwrite with the same version number.

Just a quick post to re-confirm after a long road trip this past weekend that my upgrade from .100 to .335 definitely made major improvements to the responsiveness, including the initial start up time, and better remembering what last source was selected.

The only quirk I continue to see, and possibly nothing to do with the actual Connect firmware, is that sometimes the 360 view cameras stay on after I am already driving....makes for a rather trippy experience ;), but I know now to hit the music button to have the system switch over.

Just a quick post to re-confirm after a long road trip this past weekend that my upgrade from .100 to .335 definitely made major improvements to the responsiveness, including the initial start up time, and better remembering what last source was selected.

The only quirk I continue to see, and possibly nothing to do with the actual Connect firmware, is that sometimes the 360 view cameras stay on after I am already driving....makes for a rather trippy experience ;), but I know now to hit the music button to have the system switch over.

It *really* annoys me that we don't have that option OR the parking sensors here in Canada.. lol

Well, DUH....while looking up another member's question about the interior ambient lighting, what do I see in the Personalization features? This concern is controlled by settings. See pg 9-14 in the user manual: "Setting can be changed so that the top view/front view displayed while the vehicle is moving in the forward direction after reversing is not displayed."

This is exactly when it comes on--after I reverse out of my garage. Oooops. LOL

I just got my ACP installed at the dealer today. It does start up almost instantly when you shut off the car and turn it back on within a minute or so. However, if it's sitting for a few minutes it still take 30-45 seconds to get started with my phone connected. Startup time is pretty much same as before :/

I take back what I said earlier, it seems to be booting up really fast now even after sitting for a few hours, music comes on within a few seconds. Not sure why it took so long the first time I restarted the car after getting ACP installed. Anyways, it's worth the upgrade so far.

The system takes long time connecting to cell phone thru BT.
If a cell phone is not nearby to connect, it boots up much quicker.

So I'm getting ready to upgrade the firmware in my 2018 CX-5 prior to ACP installation. I have a flash drive and, according to what I've read, only one file should be there, the upgrade file. So, am I right? Only the file cmu150_NA_70.00.335C_update.up should be in the flash drive, right? all the other files are not necessary, right?

Thanks.

That is what worked for me. For added insurance i formatted the drive, fat32, on a win10 laptop just prior to copying over the file.

That is what worked for me. For added insurance i formatted the drive, fat32, on a win10 laptop just prior to copying over the file.
The instructions also say to disconnect everything from the car, like the Navigation SD card (which my car has), but the instructions also mention "mobile phones," does this mean to disconnect the bluetooth? That's how my phone is connected. Will this interfere in the upgrade process or I don't need to disconnect the bluetooth?

Thanks.

I also connect with bluetooth in addition to carplay. During the install I turned bluetooth off on my phone and deleted the connection in the car. Just to be safe, probably not required.

After a few weeks, its my experience the bootup is overall somewhat faster. It seems slower with bluetooth on.

Just stop bluetooth on the phone before the upgrade and you are ok.
Also in some firmware versions it better to delete known phone from the system and reconnect it after as if its new phone i.e. after the upgrade.

Yes - 335c is only 1 file.

Successful update on a 2018 CX-5

I just updated mine right now on my 2018 CX-5 from OS Version 59.00.532 straight to the latest 70.00.335 using a USB thumb drive I formatted Fat32 on a PC (not Mac).
The files are HERE
I read that Mac adds some files which can 'confuse' the car's reading one file (just in case).
I just started the process and set my timer for 20 min to go back and tap the brake. I also DON'T trust my feet so I did everything from the passenger side! The whole process only took @24 min.

I'm posting the instructions (for my upgrade) as text here for future people - sometimes it's easier to just have everything in one spot:

1. Switch ignition OFF.
2. Remove SD card and all other devices (USB devices, mobile phones, AUX devices).
3. Switch ignition to ACC position.
4. Wait until MZD has started, select AM or FM radio.
5. Start Diagnostic Test Screen by Pressing at the same time for 2 seconds
Music ( ) + Favourite ( ) + Volume Mute ( )
on command switch until Diagnostic Test Screen will appear.
6. Use the touchscreen to input 3 on test screen and then select ENTER and
CLEAR.
7. Input 2 on test screen and then select ENTER. (This will internally clear earlier set DTCs in CMU).
Select CLEAR and then EXIT.
8. Switch ignition OFF, close all doors (incl. bonnet and lift gate), lock vehicle with remote, keep all
remote transmitters 5 m or more from the vehicle, and wait for 3 minutes (CMU sleep mode).

9. Unlock vehicle with remote control and switch ignition to ACC.
10. Insert USB stick with CMU update software and wait for message that USB is recognized.
11. Start Diagnostic Test Screen, enter 99 and select ENTER on screen.
12. Select Reinstallation Package and on next screen Install or Update.
13. Complete installation of Reinstall / Update Package will take about 40 minutes.

Preparing to update, black screen and Update process bar will appear. Reinstallation will start
from 0%, the progress bar will gradually increase to 100%. The update progress bar may
pause for several minutes, please wait, DO NOT SWITCH IGNITION OFF OR RESTART.
In order to avoid the ACC power being turned off automatically during CMU update,
press and release clutch pedal (MT) or the brake pedal (AT) after approx. 25 minutes to
reset power safe function. This will disable CMU sleep mode for next 25 minutes.
Please set a timer as a reminder for you. (set a timer for 20 min Just in CASE!)

14. A message to restart the vehicle will be shown short time after update reached 100% DO NOT
RESTART
, just switch IGNITION OFF without pressing brake or clutch pedal.
19. Remove USB stick, close all doors (incl. bonnet and lift gate), lock vehicle with remote, keep all remote
transmitters 5 m or more from the vehicle, and wait for 3 minutes (CMU sleep mode).

20. Unlock the vehicle and switch ignition to ACC.
Wait 1 minute without any operation of any switch of any system.
21. Confirm the software version in MZD settings.
22. Switch ignition OFF and insert Navigation-SD card.
23. Switch ignition ON and check system for operation step by step (Navigation, WiFi, Connected Service,
Radio, Bluetooth, USB, etc.)

I don't have Apple Car Play (it's a lease) but I wanted to see if the Radio System just starts faster.

Good write up there from nxtkitt and a first poster too.(bow)Easy to follow and succinct instructions.

Good day, first time posting, new owner of a 2019 GT CX5, trying to do the update and I*m not having any luck with my car reading the usb drive, tried two different ones. Any ideas?

Back