Almost instant boot-up

I updated mine yesterday. I honestly don*t feel a lot of difference from the prior .100. There is an improvement but nothing crazy.
You can format it in any system, just need to be in fat32 format. Usb 2.0 or 3 doesn*t matter. It only works with usb formatted to Fat32 or Fat if i recall correctly.

Is there an 'unnofficial official' instruction on how to do this manually yourself?

Thanks!

I had to take my car into the dealer and asked them to perform the update (picked up my Sig two weeks ago, has v 100, was manufactured 3/19). The service manager said theyll never perform any upgrades on the Mazda connect unless youre having issues. Anyone else heard that? Id like to be the faster bootup time if possible!

I had to take my car into the dealer and asked them to perform the update (picked up my Sig two weeks ago, has v 100, was manufactured 3/19). The service manager said they*ll never perform any upgrades on the Mazda connect unless you*re having issues. Anyone else heard that? I*d like to be the faster bootup time if possible!

Yeah, it's like having a TSB applied if you don't have the issue it addresses. Just tell them you're having very slow boot-up times and go from there.

I had to take my car into the dealer and asked them to perform the update (picked up my Sig two weeks ago, has v 100, was manufactured 3/19). The service manager said theyll never perform any upgrades on the Mazda connect unless youre having issues. Anyone else heard that? Id like to be the faster bootup time if possible!

Surprised Mazda doesn't have a website where you can do your own firmware update.

Yeah, it's like having a TSB applied if you don't have the issue it addresses. Just tell them you're having very slow boot-up times and go from there.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's current a Mazda special program for this region to upgrade compatible vehicles/systems (during servicing for other reasons) to the .335C firmware so the tweaks/hacks can be locked out. However, I'm seeing signs online that lockout won't last very long, anyway. (evil)

I had to take my car into the dealer and asked them to perform the update (picked up my Sig two weeks ago, has v 100, was manufactured 3/19). The service manager said they*ll never perform any upgrades on the Mazda connect unless you*re having issues. Anyone else heard that? I*d like to be the faster bootup time if possible!

The dealers logic doesn't compute. Version .335 must fix something otherwise why would Mazda bother paying the software engineers to write the code to update the firmware? With that attitude we would all be running version 31 or before? Mobile phone operating systems are updated all the time as are PC Bios's, TV firmware, Blu Ray players/recorders, routers etc, the list goes on. I think they're just being lazy and could easily do it at service time. See the changelog below which fixes bugs:

Thanks to ASH8 at https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...ne-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now-253.html
CHANGELOGs for First Generation MZD-Mazda Connect FIRMWARE.
Does NOT apply to all New 2019 Mazda 3 (BP).

SYMPTOMS

The following symptoms can be improved by the latest software (Ver. 70.00.335C).
Improved symptoms depend on current software versions.

* In the CMU update package, latest Gracenote database has been included.

* With the improved software, System Update screen menu shows *Update package* instead of *Reinstallation Package*. *Fail-Safe Package* has been removed.

* With the improved software, brand icon in CarPlay screen has been updated.

* With the improved software, font and location of texts like i-stop, i-ELOOP and average data in Fuel Economy Monitor screen have been improved.

* In home screen, white stain appears at the status bar.

* [MX-5 RF] When talking on BT hands-free, person at the other end hears strange voice like with echoes.

* [Mazda6 (VIN 600001-TBD)] Center display turns to a black screen due to that the back light of the display turns off.

* [UK] In LAS and LDWS setting menu, *Rumble* appears as *Rumbl.*.

* Display OFF setting is not kept when ignition switch is turned off and on before CMU goes into sleep mode.

* When certain language using Cyrillic alphabet is selected and USB is selected for audio source, index list for Songs or Artist screen etc. shows wrong character for *b*.

* [Ukraine] Key board shows wrong description for space key.

* [V59.00.502 and later] When playing audio files in a USB memory device, it may take too long to start playing.

* When radio is selected for audio source and a hands free call is finished, radio sounds for a very short period of time even when it is muted.

* After engine start, navigation screen freezes at the loading status.

* When USB is selected for audio source, if the gear is shifted to reverse to display back-up monitor while loading data from a USB device, shifting operation to drive or forward gear changes the screen to the home screen instead of the USB audio screen.

* When using 2017-Q2 EU or older map data, voice message for speed camera does not sound at certain locations. (With the improved software, customers need to update the map data to later version.)

* When an artist is selected via voice command for USB audio, wrong artist*s album may be selected.

* After parking, current location on navigation screen may not move until turning the ignition off and on.

* [Android Auto used at the south latitude or the west longitude] When ACC is on or engine is running in a location where GPS signal is unavailable, a wrong current location appears on applications such as navigation, weather forecast etc. When GPS signal becomes available, correct current location appears. (CarPlay is not applicable.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS
The following symptoms can be improved by the previous software updating (Ver. 70.00.100A). Improved symptoms depend on current software versions.

* When receiving an interrupting call while in a call via BT hands-free, selecting *Hold + Answer* results in the black screen. The call is still active but the screen will not recover until turning ignition switch to off.
* [Swedish] Voice message for an incoming call is not proper.
* [Ukrainian] Translations to Ukrainian are not proper.
* [Russia] When using the time zone for the clock setting, it may show wrong time according to older time zone data.
* [V59.00.502 and later] BT connected iPhone shows the pop up screen prompting to download the *Navibridge* application.
* When pressing the volume knob to mute, any audio source will not pause. (With the improved software, any MZD audio (CD, USB memory device or BT audio) will pause.)
* When playing certain BT audio device, *Unknown* is displayed for track, artist and album names.

* When in a call, an interrupting call came within 30 seconds will not be displayed on the screen.
* On certain vehicles equipped with Multi Information Display in the speedometer, inactive customisation item *Sync Average and Trip A* is not greyed out and looks active.
* When using certain mobile device, sender name for a SMS message appears differently from the contact list (phonebook). (First and last names appear in reverse order.)
* When playing music with a play list in a USB memory device, the play list does not appear if the play list consists of more than 50 tracks and includes a title longer than 128 characters.
* When returning to the Fuel Economy Monitor, it does not remember the previously displayed page, Control Status or Fuel Consumption.
* When playing audio using an Android device via USB connection, it suddenly skips to other track.
* When playing audio files in a USB memory device, it stops playing and will not go to next track.
* When playing mp4 audio files in an Android device via USB connection, they are not displayed nor played. (With the improved software, mp4 audio files can be displayed and played. Mp4 video files are still not applicable.)
* When playing a play list for mp4 audio files in a USB memory device, they are not displayed nor played.
* [V59.00.502 and later] Shuffle play for a USB memory device will not play all tracks.
* Play list shuffle play for a USB memory device will not resume correctly and repeat playing the first track several times.
* [V59.00.502 and later] Album art may not appear correctly.
* [V59.00.502 and later] Play list in a USB memory device will not show all tracks if the data with invalid file path in it exceeds 100 tracks.
* [V59.00.502 and later] When playing audio files in a USB memory device, it plays the same track twice with a slight delay in between.
* In the Fuel Economy Monitor, Average Fuel Economy History shows data in wrong order.
* [V59.00.502 and later] It shows the home screen and will not move to other screen.
* After using voice recognition on an iPhone via BT connection, the centre display continues showing own phone number and will not return to the previous screen.
* [V59.00.502 and later] After updating CMU, the contact list (phonebook) and the call history for an iPhone will not appear.
* While driving, it freezes, reboots or continues rebooting.
* On Navigation keyboard setting screen, even if other language than English was selected, English word *Recent* appears in the right. This occurs when the setting has been changed without inserting the SD card.

With Ver 59.00.545 or earlier
* When playing a BT audio device, album art is not available even when it is found in Gracenote database in CMU.
* Speed limit does not show up on the navigation screen on some narrower roads.
* When selecting one of registered favourite radio stations, it may tune in other station.
* An Android 8.0 device is not recognised via USB connection.
* [Only vehicles without Active Driving Display] Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR) does not keep the alert threshold setting value when performing Factory Reset.
* [Portuguese] Adaptive Lane/Street/Turn messages may not be completely displayed.
* Wrong caller name is displayed for incoming calls.
* Fuel Economy Monitor may display wrong unit
* Cell phone screen may flickers when connected via USB.
* [Polish] Due to wrong translation, the home address will not be cleared on the favourite screen.
* Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR) does not alert at the correct speed limit alert setting. It may alert at +6 mile for +10 mile setting.
* When setting a destination using the address, *House Number not found* error pop-up message may appear even if the address can actually be set.
* When trying to enter a new destination address, different house number may be appear as a destination while correct house number is actually set.
* When trying to enter a new destination address, some house numbers may not appear in the list to be selected from.
* [V59.00.544 only, except 2017-2018 Mazda3 (Mexico built)] When using Driving Position Memory, a beep sound may not be heard when the driving position adjustment is completed. Display settings for navigation guidance on Active Driving Display may not be kept for the seat position memory.
* i-Pod nano 5th gen will not play.
* [Only vehicles equipped with the Forward Sensing Camera] Warning Guidance message to clear foggy windshield is shown on centre display even if it is not foggy.
System Malfunction is shown on centre display even if it there is no malfunction.
* Fuel Economy Monitor may draw bars twice a minute instead of once a minute.

* [Swedish] Improper translation for Lane keep Assist System. It was modified from *Alarttiming* to *Varningstiming*

* [CX-9] According to the correct design specification, the speed limit is displayed only on active driving display. It should not be displayed in centre display.
* The customise function is limited even if the engine is running.The setting tab works as if the vehicle is in ACC mode.
* [German] Improper translation for Auto Door Lock Mode setting.

With Ver 59.00.449 or earlier
* Stability and response of CMU and Navigation
- Reduced unexpected reboot, blank screen or freeze
- Faster start up
- Faster operational response
* Connectivity and stability for BT device
- Improved stability of connection
- Reduced connection error with internet radio applications
* Stability for USB audio device
- Faster response when many tunes are being read out of USB audio devices
* Connection stability and functionality with iPhone
- Device name can be displayed not only via BT connection but also via USB connection
- Improved stability when iPhone is connected via both BT and USB
* [Italian] When remaining days for scheduled maintenance are less than a month, it appears in month instead of days.
* Incoming call history is not found in centre display.
* Traffic announcement (TA) warning cannot be cancelled
* The favourite DAB radio stations cannot be switched by steering wheel buttons.
* [Swedish] Improper translation in some screens
- Lane Keep Assist setting
- Space for address input in Navigation
- SMS receiving menu
- Turn signal setting
- Navigation compass menu
* When playing music stored in USB memory, it may start with the first tune in the USB memory instead of the last tune that was being played when IG was turned off.

Only with CMU ver 59.00.449
* In DAB radio "Select Ensemble" is selected but nothing happens.

With CMU ver 59.00.326, 59.00.331, 59.00.443 or 59.00.449
* In DAB radio, the radio text, information such as the song name and artist name, is not displayed.

[Mazda3 BM equipped with SCBS or LDWS] Only with CMU ver 59.00.443
* During IG is on, in Warning Guidance screen *SCBS Unavailable* or *LDWS Unavailable* message may be found due to false error detection by CMU. Actually SCBS and LDWS work fine, no DTC is stored in memory and no message appears in Multi-information display in instrument cluster.

[Mazda3 BN and Mazda6 GL] Only with Ver.59.00.443
* Even if AD-Display Settings for Navigation is ON on the screen, the Lane Guidance and Turn-by-Turn are not displayed on AD-Display.

[Except Mazda3 BN and Mazda6 GL] Only with Ver. 59.00.443
* Even if AD-Display Settings for Navigation is off on the screen, the actual status of AD-Display Settings is ON, indicating navigation information on AD-Display.

Only with Ver. 59.00.331
* Clock shows 00:00*
* Language resets to English*.
* The characters of street names displayed on the active driving display are corrupted.
*Clock and language issues only occur when driver*s seat position memory is programmed and move the seat to a programmed position by key or request switch.

Only with 59.00.326 (For RHD)
* If a motorway is closed for vehicles with a total weight of 3.5 tons or more, the navigation detours even for passenger cars less than 3.5 tons.

With Ver. 56.00.513 or earlier
* Language cannot be changed.
* [Croatian language] There are duplicate wording and wrong translations on Fuel Economy Monitor screen.

AFTER UPDATE

[Mazda6 GL and Mazda3 BN] If updating from Ver. 59.00.326, Ver. 59.00.331 or Ver. 59.00.443 to Ver. 59.00.502A or later, perform following setting after software was updated.

To activate Lane Guidance and Turn-by-Turn functions of AD-Display, the AD-Display Settings must be changed after SW updating.

Last edited:
I updated my 2019 Signature today to the 335c update and wow.. what an improvement.

Scrolling seems faster (might be a placebo), but the boot up is most definitely faster. Its almost instantaneous now, as the thread suggests.

One thing to note - I don't know if it's just me or not, but the Mazda instructions on how to do this say to keep the CMU alive by setting a 20 minute timer and pressing the brakes.. but they don't tell you WHEN to start that timer. It's implied when you click the update button, but there's no specific instruction. That's when I set mine.

My update got to 98% complete when I had 10 seconds left on my timer.. I went to press the brake, but the bloody CMU shut down at almost the same moment. I almost died..

Thankfully, I turned ACC mode back on and the update was still at 98% and kept plugging along. It updated successfully and I verified everything was good.

I STRONGLY suggest if anyone does this, make sure you set a timer for 15 minutes and press the brake at every 15 minute interval.

I will note, the update only took about 30 minutes on my car.

Thanks to everyone on here for their help!

Sure your shutdown wasn*t the normal re-boot at the end of the update? I read somewhere hear the ACC timer is 25-30 minutes so 20 has cushion already. The car limits the time in ACC with no activity, to keep the battery from getting drained. What all constitutes activity I*m not sure. Brakes do for sure. So I pulsed the brake when the update started so I had a known start. The suggestion in the instructions is just a helpful hint for the user to set a timer of their own.

Sure your shutdown wasn*t the normal re-boot at the end of the update? I read somewhere hear the ACC timer is 25-30 minutes so 20 has cushion already. The car limits the time in ACC with no activity, to keep the battery from getting drained. What all constitutes activity I*m not sure. Brakes do for sure. So I pulsed the brake when the update started so I had a known start. The suggestion in the instructions is just a helpful hint for the user to set a timer of their own.

No - the update was at 98% when the car shut off, and resumed to 100% once I turned ACC mode back on. The instructions I had do not say the system reboots or anything during the update process, so I doubt it was an update. The ACC mode turned off on teh Start/Stop button and the interior lights came on (as if I had turned off the car myself).

Your idea of pulsing right at the beginning of the update is a great idea, so if anyone else goes to do this, I strongly suggest it. And, a timer for 15 minutes is good too. it won't hurt to do it earlier!

I did the update on my 2019 Signature and am disappointed that I see no difference in boot up time or response time in general. This was the one complaint I had about the vehicle from day one and I was hoping this would improve things.

Originally my system showed version 70.00.100 NA N and it now shows 70.00.335 NA N, so I assume everything went OK with the update. However, I do have one question. At the beginning on the Diagnostic test screen, where you are supposed to input 3, then select ENTER and CLEAR, and then 2, CLEAR and EXIT, do you need to wait for anything to complete before selecting ENTER and CLEAR and EXIT? When I did mine, I just did one after the other with no delay. Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, you did it correctly. I updated mine yesterday (EU version) so will be able to test on any faster boot time etc today.

If your car is still within 3yr/36k warranty, and your dealer refused to update your firmware, just tell them you ran into all sort of glitches with it. They will do it. They can charge Mazda for the labor. Why not?
Dealers are not authorized to update firmware w/o customers explicitly complaining about it. So, do complain....

Updated my 3 week old CX5 Sig this AM. Went from 70.00.100 NA N to 70.00.335 NA N. I can see why dealers don't want to do this for free since it ties-up a tech and bay for about an hour. They'd much rather be doing unnecessary oil changes (6 months regardless of miles? really???).

What a kabuki dance with all that turn on/off ACC, three-finger button presses, lock & unlock doors, and tapping brakes on cue. Not really hard to do, but tedious. Makes my old hacked Pioneer head unit updates look easy.

Last edited:
I did the update on my 2019 Signature and am disappointed that I see no difference in boot up time or response time in general. This was the one complaint I had about the vehicle from day one and I was hoping this would improve things.

Originally my system showed version 70.00.100 NA N and it now shows 70.00.335 NA N, so I assume everything went OK with the update. However, I do have one question. At the beginning on the Diagnostic test screen, where you are supposed to input 3, then select ENTER and CLEAR, and then 2, CLEAR and EXIT, do you need to wait for anything to complete before selecting ENTER and CLEAR and EXIT? When I did mine, I just did one after the other with no delay. Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim I'm really sorry you didn't see any improvemet - I have a 19 sig and saw a massive improvement.. I was also on .100 version as well.

My experience has greatly improved once I updated to .335.

Updated my 3 week old CX5 Sig this AM. Went from 70.00.100 NA N to 70.00.335 NA N. I can see why dealers don't want to do this for free since it ties-up a tech and bay for about an hour. They'd much rather be doing unnecessary oil changes (6 months regardless of miles? really???).

What a kabuki dance with all that turn on/off ACC, three-finger button presses, lock & unlock doors, and tapping brakes on cue. Not really hard to do, but tedious. Makes my old hacked Pioneer head unit updates look easy.

At least yours didn't turn off at 98% despite me setting a 20 minute alarm lmao. My car just.. shut off. I was sweating so hard and panicking on what to do next.

Next time, I'll set a timer for 15 minutes like my gut told me to. lol

At least yours didn't turn off at 98% despite me setting a 20 minute alarm lmao. My car just.. shut off. I was sweating so hard and panicking on what to do next.

Next time, I'll set a timer for 15 minutes like my gut told me to. lol
I took the brake tap instruction to mean at least every 25 minutes. Meaning tap more frequently if you like, but never more than xx minutes between taps. Since my car was in a stuffy hot garage, I got out after the update started and watched TV. I didn't need a timer, just whenever I had TV commercial I'd go back back to monitor the progress and do the brake tap. BTW, IIRC, the progress bar screen said to tap every 20 minutes - or - open and close the driver's door. So I ended up doing both.

Back