Almost instant boot-up

Colorado_2018

:
2018 CX5
Got my first oil change on Saturday and noticed the system booted-up almost instantly. I thought it was a fluke. However, many drives later same timing. Android Auto comes up almost instantly. The idle hasn't even calmed down by the time I hear music and am putting my destination into Waze.

They must have done a software upgrade and this takes off one of my only real annoyances with the cx5. Anyone else experience this, yet?

Can you please look and post what version firmware your MZD Connect system is currently using?

Yes please lol. I pulled the nav card and disabled Bluetooth on mine which helped. But this sounds much better. Check software version

Three factors I know of.
#1, disable BT. Remove cell phone linkage. System spends lot of time attempting to connect thru BT with cell phone.
#2, if you start the system within 30 mins of previous shutdown, it boots up much faster.
#3, newer version helps a bit. Newest should be v59. W/ Android Auto, it has to be v70.

Three factors I know of.
#1, disable BT. Remove cell phone linkage. System spends lot of time attempting to connect thru BT with cell phone.
#2, if you start the system within 30 mins of previous shutdown, it boots up much faster.
#3, newer version helps a bit. Newest should be v59. W/ Android Auto, it has to be v70.

It can be version 70 even if there is no AA/CP hardware installed. I updated mine myself to 70.00.100A EU without the hardware and it works fine. Well, I say works fine, sometimes it forgets the sound settings and reverts to FM radio on start up but I just change the settings. It does boot faster than version 59. When the next version comes out I'll be updating to that. (Obviously I don't have AA/CP but I'm not bothered about it)

Ah, so maybe the dealer did an upgrade to that new firmware during the OPs oil change visit and it has fixed the pretty common sluggishness on the KF CX-5s...?? Once the OP confirms what version his vehicle currently has, I'll probably upgrade as my current CX-5 came from the factory with .100. I did my own upgrades multiple times in my 2016, so I'm familiar and comfortable with the process to do so. Seems the .335 firmware disables the "tweaks" hack including the serial access, FYI.

Last edited:
Confirmed another user was upgraded to . 335 and her infotainment boots up almost immediately as well. I was wondering why my oil change was taking so long. It's so nice having everything come up right away and not having to wait until a mile down the road to use the infotainment. She does not use AA or ACP and confirms the Mazda only has the same boot up improvement. Go get it!

I also upgraded mine from v59 to v70 DIY.
I see no big issue at all. Slightly faster, but once in a while it fails to read my music USB.
It did not happen with v59 before.

So I updated DIY to .335 I will admit much improved on load time. I still have BT disabled and the nav card removed. I did try reloading nav card and boot seemed slower. Maybe placebo :) but I dont use nav Ive always got CarPlay hooked up.

(This thread seems like it may now better fit in the Infotainment section)

Just upgraded to .335 myself. Other than the 3 minute wait for the system to turn off completely as part of the final install steps, I haven't really let my car sit for hours and then tried it, but so far the response time seems significantly improved in many ways. The boot logo comes up and goes more quickly, and the disclaimer now actually goes away immediately if I click the screen or use the Command knob. The system recognizes an attached phone and more quickly goes into CarPlay than before. This were all rather slow to react with the .100 my car came with from the factory.

All anecdotal, your mileage may vary, blah blah blah, and of course I'll need more time with it just to see how the system now responds to last use CP/this use BT or vice versa, and just general switching between the two speed-wise, and if it better remembers last usage source overall instead of always defaulting to radio.

Again, a reminder that if you have done any of the so-called tweaks, my understanding is that this removes them and blocks both any existing ID7 persistent workaround installation and also apparently the last remaining ability to use the serial port connectivity for further tweak installation. So, essentially it locks the system out from existing or new tweaks installation. Since the only one I really got used to is the active touchscreen while driving, I'm going to deal with just using voice or the Command knob for usage while driving, and hope that someone finds a way to again at least implement the always active touchscreen. To be honest, the lack of active touchscreen isn't that big a deal for me, as I always used a weird mix of touch, Command and voice functionality anyway in my 2016. I think I only used touch while driving when whatever required a single touch--if more, I tended to then default to the knob or voice.

so my car came with the .100 from factory. Was wondering if the two files 31.00.100A are the ones that you use to update to 70.00.335c? I understand that you need both a failsafe version and the reinstall files but i only see an update file for the .335c... if im totally wrong please correct me. Planning to do the update to my two mazdas.

so my car came with the .100 from factory. Was wondering if the two files 31.00.100A are the ones that you use to update to 70.00.335c? I understand that you need both a failsafe version and the reinstall files but i only see an update file for the .335c... if im totally wrong please correct me. Planning to do the update to my two mazdas.

So I downloaded both the .355c and the failsafe .100 however when I updated my CX5 last night it never requested to update the failsafe. Once the update was complete I checked the versions and both the main and failsafe were both .355c

The .355c as per the notes in the link provided by chloeko above only officially has the single file with no failsafe.

There's only the single file in .355C NA, though once you complete the upgrade, the version shows 70.00.355C with a failsafe of 70.00.355C, so I'm assuming they rearchitected it to automatically overwrite the old failsafe once the primary update is verified OK instead of requiring two uploads. It does save quite a bit of time.

Also, a big improvement to me is how it can recall the prior settings from the last shut down. Aka I set mute, turn off car, come back next day and mute is still engaged. Or Sirius, or CarPlay. Basically whatever I left it on it remembers. Prior to this I would leave it on Sirius and come back to FM. Or I would mute it and come back to blaring music next time.

Dont use the version 31 files. I believe they were uploaded to that folder incorrectly

Can the USB stick be formatted on a Mac? Just wipe the USB and copy the file over? And what/where is the ROOM fuse in case something goes wrong?

Back