This really chaps my hide

If the tires are that bad, imagine what the brakes must be like!

On the bright side (maybe) they may not have done an oil change since the Bush administration and their motoring days in that vehicle are near an end. (silly)

You're laughing, but I have a co-worker who has a 2010 Altima. For the last 3 years it had an oil leak and since it started leaking he's been doing nothing but simply adding a can of oil every so often. Not a single oil change. He's waiting for it to die in order to get something newer...

Sounds like a good reason to have the dreaded inspections everywhere.

If you could see some of the vehicles I see every day here in SW FL. you'd pray for yearly inspections. Ed

You almost hate to inflict that process on the entire citizenry just because of the outlayers. But it truly is a public safety issue. Even nice looking expensive cars can have bad brakes and the owner be clueless. Intelligent affluent people are not immune to vehicular ignorance.

We also have emissions inspections in the 5 most populated counties in the state (all in the northern part in the "DC Metro area.")

You almost hate to inflict that process on the entire citizenry just because of the outlayers. But it truly is a public safety issue. Even nice looking expensive cars can have bad brakes and the owner be clueless. Intelligent affluent people are not immune to vehicular ignorance.

We also have emissions inspections in the 5 most populated counties in the state (all in the northern part in the "DC Metro area.")

There's always a few bad apples who spoil it for the rest.

Just think, if everyone did "the right thing", we wouldn't need laws at all !!!

(rofl2)(rofl)(rofl2)

@ Avoidin Deer "vehicular ignorance" --- I really like that. Sums it up well.

Back