Carplay - Music/Artists/Albums issues

:
2019 CX-5 Signature Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Brand new '19 Signature here.

Recently, whenever I've tried navigating into the PLaylists/Albums/Artists section of Carplay's native ioS Itunes player, I am unable to see all of the artists I have on my phone.

I only get "recent artists" or "recent songs" etc, however if I ask Siri to play a particular artist (not listed in the "Recent"), it'll play no problem.

Has anyone has this issue?

Thanks!

This is default behavior demanded by Apple to protect you from yourself so you don't crash while scrolling through 1,000 artists at 80MPH.

Wow, I never noticed this indeed apparently standard CP limitation before now! That's probably because I always use a playlist and select it before I leave my garage (before the car is moving), and if I do switch to another during a trip, I use voice commands.

This is default behavior demanded by Apple to protect you from yourself so you don't crash while scrolling through 1,000 artists at 80MPH.

Damn really? Makes sense, really when I think about it.

I'll have to try it in park to see if I get the same behavour or if infact it works as it 'should'.

Awesome, thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks - Indeed this behaviour seems to be restricted by Apple.

Much appreciated!

Back