2007 CX-9 GT Rear speakers very faint after radio replacement

acolic

:
2007 CX9 Touring
Good day

I swapped out the OEM radio for a Jensen vx40424 and a PAC RP4-MZ11.

Install went fine but the rear speakers are very weak. I have tried to use the fader to push more audio to the rear but that happens is the front and rear get quieter.

Audio is coming out of all 4 speakers but faint in the rear.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex

Figured it out.

While the instructions dont say this will work for the 2007 model, if you hold the mode button down for 5 seconds you will be presented with a menu.

Under an amp submenu there is a fader setting.

Looks like as long as you use the factory amp the radio fader controls wont work.

If you replace the factory amp then the decks fader controllers work.

Thanks

Hello, Sorry, I know this is old. I have the same issue. If I fade my kenwood unit to the front, i have no sound coming out of the rear speakers.
I have been thinking about moving the RCA wires on my deck around but I will be happy to try this. If I turn the amp off using the mode selection, I am hoping the fader will start working when fading to the rear. Im in the middle of swapping out all my bose speakers with infinity and JBL speakers.
If I can get the rear fade to work, i wont have to worry about finding a sub to replace the crap bose sub, actually its not that bad but wish i could replace it.
Thanks for your help.

Figured it out.

While the instructions dont say this will work for the 2007 model, if you hold the mode button down for 5 seconds you will be presented with a menu.

Under an amp submenu there is a fader setting.

Looks like as long as you use the factory amp the radio fader controls wont work.

If you replace the factory amp then the decks fader controllers work.

Thanks
Did you like the sound better with the factory amp turned off and allowing you to use your aftermarket stereo fader controls or would you rather leave it on center and leave factory amp on?

Back