What is the best Brake Pad for my 2002 Protege?

Which brake pads would you use?

• Raybestos Service Grade (Ceramic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wagner QuickStop (Ceramic)

• Raybestos Hybrid

• Akebono (more expensive)

• Total voters

chito

:
mazda protege 2002
Hello Fellas,

I will have to change my brake pads in a couple of months, but I dont know what option to take as there are very little options over here in my country (I live in Guatemala).

The available options over here are:

- Raybestos SGD893C, these are the cheapest ceramic brake pads, price is around $25.00 for the set. They do not come with hardware
5080868ab_1.jpg

- Wagner QuickStop ZD893, these are the only Wagner Brake pads available over here, price is around $28.00 for the set. They do come with all the hardware.
quickstop-ceramic-brake-pads_1.jpg

- Bosch Blue Brake pads BE893H, these are the only semi-metallic set that I am able to find here in GT. Price is around $32.00 for the set. They do not come with hardware.
M-Robert-Bosch-LLC-Blue-Disc-Brake-Pads.jpg

I have two more options, but these are more expensive and I am not sure if they are worth it for a daily commuter like mine.
- Raybestos EHT893H, these are hybrid brake pads (marked as top of the line on their website). Price is around $46.00 for the set. As far as I know, they come with all the hardware.
41DX4AgB0UL._SX425_.jpg

-Akebono ACT637, these are the best ceramic pads that I can get here, but they are around $60.00 for the set. I dont know if they come with hardware.
ake_proact_ceramic_act787_600px.jpg

Have you tried one of these options? How did it go?(uhm)

I have been thinking about getting the QuickStops from Wagner as they seem to be a very good balance between price and quality.

All inputs are more than welcome.:)

Last edited:
Back