2013~2016 Driver side window doesnt open/close all way with one button push after battery chan

Mazorogi

:
CX-5 2014 2.5L PY-VPS I4 16v DOHC
How To: reset AUTO open/close power windows

After reading many posts and googling why my CX-5 warning light stays on while the i-Stop flashes, I came to a conclusion that I needed to replace the battery.
Put an Optima Red Top 35, an AGM rather than an EFB like the factory installed battery. According to the ratings, its ranks third from top and designed for cars 🚘 with the start/stop built in.
But now the driver side window does not automatically open or close fully with one push or pull of the button/lever.

Last edited:
It's a setting you have to re-enable. Should be in the owners manual somewhere

This is from my 2019 manual. Dunno if it helps the window issue.

If the battery was disconnected during vehicle maintenance, or for other reasons (such as a switch continues to be operated after the window is fully open/closed), the window will not fully open and close automatically. The power window auto function will only resume on a power window that has been reset.

1. Switch the ignition ON.

2. Make sure that the power window lock switch located on the driver's door is not depressed.

3. Press the switch and fully open the window.

4. Pull up the switch to fully close the window and continue holding the switch for about 2 seconds after the window fully closed.

5. Make sure that the power windows operate correctly using the door switches.

After the system has been re-initialized, each passenger window can be fully opened or closed automatically using the master control switches.

This is from my 2019 manual. Dunno if it helps the window issue.

If the battery was disconnected during vehicle maintenance, or for other reasons (such as a switch continues to be operated after the window is fully open/closed), the window will not fully open and close automatically. The power window auto function will only resume on a power window that has been reset.

1. Switch the ignition ON.

2. Make sure that the power window lock switch located on the driver's door is not depressed.

3. Press the switch and fully open the window.

4. Pull up the switch to fully close the window and continue holding the switch for about 2 seconds after the window fully closed.

5. Make sure that the power windows operate correctly using the door switches.

After the system has been re-initialized, each passenger window can be fully opened or closed automatically using the master control switches.

Thank you. It worked
And with respect to maker of the forum group and in accordance to his *yellow sticky note*, I would like to revise my posting and use your answer as a *How To* on this forum.

Last edited:
Madar,
Didn*t get a chance to check the manual again, but couldn*t find it the first time. I*ll check again, thanks. **
Just followed the instructions by Avoidin Deer below.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back