2017~2024 From a 2018 Touring to a 2019 Grand Touring Reserve: Perspective on the Experience

felixtibs

:
2008.5 Mazda3 2.3L S
So I was a proud owner of a 2018 Touring without PP. Great ride in DCBM paint. I added a rack, siderails, subwoofer, remote start, chrome handles, LED, and CarPlay. 6 months into owning it, it was totaled.

Now I needed to buy a new car so I went right back to my Mazda dealer and checked out the 2019s. For s**** and giggles I checked out the reserve. About 8K more OTD than my Touring (28500 vs 36500). **** it.

Get another BCBM this time with Parchement Leather. Trying to figure out the turbo and when it is active. Took me about a day and now I really appreciate it. It is like a different car now. Not only with the niceties of the Grand Touring (HUD, leather, moon roof) which have dramatically changed how much I appreciate a nice interior, but the responsiveness and thrust of the turbo engine.

It is like driving a completely new car. Now, my one issue is that maybe I should have bought the Signature. The brown leather -not so much-, but the lil interior tweaks would have been nice. My compromise is to install the ambient lighting kit myself.

So the summary is: Get the Turbo. Car is worth every penny. Revolutionized an already fun driving experience.

Last edited:
Back