CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's official

Registered Member NaturalFlavored's Avatar

Mazda P5

It's official

Selling the P5 at tax time. Will post up here and when I do, it'll be around February. If I don't get what I want for it I'll part it back out and sell it stock.
    I'm really heart broken to see this go, but the time has come for me to upgrade to something more family friendly. The only thing I cannot sell is the axle back. That's going to have to go with the car unfortunately, I will still be around for awhile.
    I'm hoping to find a Mazda6 wagon by then and join the v6 family haha.

Donated: $8.08

'02 P5

All good things eventually must come to an end
    Or you can just keep it and get the family friendly car as well pending if you're okay with having an additional car

Mazda P5

I wish I could afford to have both but I can't.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

protege5

Sold mine about a month ago. Got a V8 explorer instead because I need to be able to pull a trailer to support my hobby. Definitely miss the fuel mileage, can't seem to pull more than about 17mpg out of the explorer lol but the ride is a lot more comfortable for sure!

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

nnnoooooo ): Good luck with the new car man. The Mazda6 has been growing on me
    2003 Sunburst Yellow Mazda Protege5
    Follow my instagram @another_yellowp5

Mods List
    Interior
    - JVC head unit
    -Sound Ordinance Sub woofer
    Exterior
    -WeatherTech Rain Guards
    Performance
    -HKS axle back
    -MP3 Flashed ECU (removed)
    -MazdaSpeed Protege Turbo kit
    -Tein S tech springs
    -KYB Struts
    -MSP Rear Sway Bar
    -CR3 Relocation Brackets
    -FMIC kit

2002 mazda protege 5

Apparently, between 2004 and 2008 Mazda made both a wagon and a hatchback.

I found this 2004 on line for $2000.

It's almost like my car and it's a standard transmision.

I'm considering it but I'm afraid it's just another rust bucket and it's a 460 mile round trip to go look at it.

There's no action on the Mazda6 forum and it's got a V6 engine that I know nothing about and I'd probably have to buy the factory serice manual.

My car should last a few more years but I no longer feel comfortable on the major highways with the condition it's in.

I don't know what to do ??
    The Diagram Dude

Registered Member

lolmsp

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalFlavored View Post
    Selling the P5 at tax time. Will post up here and when I do, it'll be around February. If I don't get what I want for it I'll part it back out and sell it stock.
    I'm really heart broken to see this go, but the time has come for me to upgrade to something more family friendly. The only thing I cannot sell is the axle back. That's going to have to go with the car unfortunately, I will still be around for awhile.
    I'm hoping to find a Mazda6 wagon by then and join the v6 family haha.
    you AND installshield all in one week. what!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by pcb View Post

I'm considering it but I'm afraid it's just another rust bucket and it's a 460 mile round trip to go look at it.

There's no action on the Mazda6 forum and it's got a V6 engine that I know nothing about and I'd probably have to buy the factory serice manual.

My car should last a few more years but I no longer feel comfortable on the major highways with the condition it's in.

take a vacation and come by my p5 in a couple months lol.
    03 MSP

Registered Member

protege5

Quote Originally Posted by pcb View Post

If I were you looking for another cheap car, I think I'd consider buying one from down south, and pay the $500 or so to have it shipped to you. Ebay may be your friend... I sold my P5 for 2000 and the only rust on the car was a little spot of surface rust where the hatch rubbed the paint off the body, and a little spot where the gas door rubbed. And it was barely even "Rust"... just enough to see the orange color on the white paint. I could "erase" it with a pressure washer but it would come back in a couple months lol

We don't have those rust issues like you do up there.

2002 mazda protege 5

I didn't think of checking Ebay. I will do that.
    I was under the impression that shipping would be around $2,000.

I remember a member here bought a rust free P5 with a blown engine for $200.
    That would be perfect for me. I might have to buy an engine hoist but I've got a big tree in my backyard that I could tie off to.

I'm a bit concerned and confused about the border crossing though. I know I'll have to pay duty but there might be all kinds of other crap to deal with, like how cars in Canada are supposed to have daytime running lights ??

Maybe the shipper takes care of all that ??
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 mazda protege 5

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    take a vacation and come by my p5 in a couple months lol.
    I don't have a passport and Trump might not want me in your country.

Why don't you deliver it then I can drop you off at the airport or train station ?

Registered Member

lolmsp

lol i don't have a passport either. meet you at the border?

Registered Member

protege5

uship seems popular for large items. See people buying cars and stuff across the coutry all the time and it's around $500 coast to coast, but rates vary depending on your delivery schedule flexibility and the individual carrier.

Daytime running lights can be added to anything if not already equipped, there's plenty of add-on DRL kits out there. Only issue you might run into is the speedometer not being metric, but can always swap a gauge cluster. I'd rather make some modifications like that than fight the rust you seem to enjoy so much!

2002 mazda protege 5

Oh God !! I hate rust !!
    I just accept it as part of driving in the North East salt belt.

The modifications should be easy. I do have my car to swap all the parts from. Even an engine.

My brother-in-law knows a guy that will find and get any car you want and deliver it to you.

There's all kinds of forms and papers and red tape crap to do at the border. Maybe even a cavity search ??

He knows what to do and how to do it and charges ~ $2,000 for his time, effort and delivery.

I could get in touch with him, tell him what I want and wait fof him to find something.
    I'm in no rush.

Sorry for high jacking your thread NaturalFlavored.
    PS... I'll buy your car if you deliver it.

Mazda P5

Hey PCB you can buy my car. It has all the good upgrades too.
    I'll keep mine for about another 8 months before selling.
    I was talking with people at work that were interested and said that I could get 4k for it which is what I was thinking about posting it for. If I don't get that I'll put it back to stock ish and sell the extra parts and get my money haha.
    But like I said I'll let you know what I decide on around February. So if you don't have certain parts just keep an eye out for my post.

Mazda P5

Well this sucks, I might be leaving the Mazda family after all these years because I can't find any Mazda6 wagons.
    Might get a Toyota it Subaru, I'll let you guys know but it's not looking good for Mazda. Shitty because I really like the Mazda6 but don't want to go two+ states over to get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast