New 19 CX5 owner - How do I disable auto door locking when parked ...

Is it possible to keep the 19 CX5 GTR doors unlocked when I am parked inside the garage at my house. It would be great to not having to carry the key fob into the garage whenever attempting to enter my car in my garage. Additionally, I would like to maintain the auto locking feature whenever the CX5 is not parked in my garage. Thx!

Is it possible to keep the 19 CX5 GTR doors unlocked when I am parked inside the garage at my house. It would be great to not having to carry the key fob into the garage whenever attempting to enter my car in my garage. Additionally, I would like to maintain the auto locking feature whenever the CX5 is not parked in my garage. Thx!

Cant have it both ways. Its either auto-locking or not.

My wife keeps her key by the garage entry door. If I dont have my key when I go out to deposit or grab something from the car, I take hers if needed.

Walk away locking is one of my favorite features of the CX-5. My key rarely leaves my pocket.

Dont keep a key too close though, it can drain the battery if it is too nearby.

Last edited:
Is the "Walk Away Locking" enabled? If so, disable it and the car won't lock when you walk away with the key fob.

Cant have it both ways. Its either auto-locking or not.

My wife keeps her key by the garage entry door. If I dont have my key when I go out to deposit or grab something from the car, I take hers if needed.

Walk away locking is one of my favorite features of the CX-5. My key rarely leaves my pocket.

Dont keep a key too close though, it can drain the battery if it is too nearby.

Thanks, that's what I thought - can't have it both ways. Auto locking is great, will just have to have the dongle close by as you suggested.

Back