2016~2023 Removing Bose Subwoofer connector

Streamatic

:
Signature
Having difficulty removing the connector. The instruction manual wasnt very clear. hoping any advice from this forum to guide. Cant seem to find any latch on the black end of the plug.

b4d151d2-d561-4fa0-8b66-5f090ea4c3cb.jpgIMG_3020.jpgIMG_3022.jpgIMG_3021.jpg

On the black connector of the cable coming out the subwoofer, the latch is on the bottom center. Just push it in the direction of the cable, and the two parts of the black connector should come apart.

While you have the sub out, it's easy to upgrade. Open the casing and lightly fill the inside with poly filling. You can buy a bag of speaker poly filling, or use the poly stuffing out of a stuffed toy or pillow. I bought a small pillow at Goodwill; it worked great.

The most important upgrade is to cover the exterior surface with a vibration damping material. Local car audio shops will have several choices. Here are some examples: https://www.parts-express.com/cat/sound-damping/409

Sound out of a speaker needs to come only from the movement of the speaker cone. The speaker cone pushes waves in the air to our ears. If the speaker cabinet is also vibrating different sound waves come through the air muddying the sound.

While you have the sub out, it's easy to upgrade. Open the casing and lightly fill the inside with poly filling. You can buy a bag of speaker poly filling, or use the poly stuffing out of a stuffed toy or pillow. I bought a small pillow at Goodwill; it worked great.

The most important upgrade is to cover the exterior surface with a vibration damping material. Local car audio shops will have several choices. Here are some examples: https://www.parts-express.com/cat/sound-damping/409

Sound out of a speaker needs to come only from the movement of the speaker cone. The speaker cone pushes waves in the air to our ears. If the speaker cabinet is also vibrating different sound waves come through the air muddying the sound.

Thanks! I'll do this next weekend!

Back