30 mpg in Yellowstone

Just got home, 5022 miles @ 27.5 mpg. 16 states. 12 days. I love this car. The turbo was great, especially in the mountains. Also have found how to get everything working with the electronics. The stereo is awesome!

Good for you!

That's enough seat time to figure out just about every feature, huh?

My DRLs are the same as yours I believe. If you turn on the sidelights instead of *auto* then they default to the fronts and rears as shown above without the subdued headlights (or at least ours do!). Then all I*ve done is turn on the little front fogs which act more like marker lights.

The number plate has a mix of info. The blue panel is a Euro standard *GB* (Great Britain) symbol although what will happen to that soon I don*t know! The first letter is a regional code. M stands for Manchester. The second letter D is a successive sub code. The 68 means it was registered after Sept 18 but before March 19 where the code becomes 19. In September this year the code will become 69. They did it because nearly everybody waited for the new registration code to show off their new car and this way makes it twice a year. In March 20 the new reg will be 20 but then they swap round and in September they will become 70, 21, 71, 22, 72 etc. The last three letters (NHC) are a random element. We have to have a white reflective plate at the front and a yellow reflective plate at the rear.

My DRLs are the same as yours I believe. If you turn on the sidelights instead of *auto* then they default to the fronts and rears as shown above without the subdued headlights (or at least ours do!). Then all I*ve done is turn on the little front fogs which act more like marker lights.

Yes, ours do the same once you disable daytime running lights, but there is a yellow outer running light/reflector that comes on as well that takes away from the clean look the Euro ones have in my opinion.

attachment.php

Yes, ours do the same once you disable daytime running lights, but there is a yellow outer running light/reflector that comes on as well that takes away from the clean look the Euro ones have in my opinion.

Are you saying you can run your fogs with the parking lights? I can't.
Wish I could. Those and the parking lights would be my DRLs.

Mine run exactly as in the photo with the DRLs extinguished.

I thought the GB model would probably be different than the US.
Did you disable the DRLs to enable this behavior, or is it like that from the factory?
How do you extinguish the DRLs, or are they just off when in Park like mine?

I was unclear about bigtex's comment.

I thought the GB model would probably be different than the US.
Did you disable the DRLs to enable this behavior, or is it like that from the factory?
How do you extinguish the DRLs, or are they just off when in Park like mine?

I was unclear about bigtex's comment.

It was like it from the factory. If you have switch in *auto* then the DRLs work as soon as moving but go off when in park or applying the handbrake. However, by turning the switch one more click to sidelights, just the front and rear sidelights come on even when moving. You know, I had a new CX5 rental in the US last year and I seem to think it didn*t do the same but you*d have to check.

It was like it from the factory. If you have switch in *auto* then the DRLs work as soon as moving but go off when in park or applying the handbrake. However, by turning the switch one more click to sidelights, just the front and rear sidelights come on even when moving. You know, I had a new CX5 rental in the US last year and I seem to think it didn*t do the same but you*d have to check.

Mine is the same except the fogs will only illuminate when the headlights [low beam] are on. I have never understood the rationale behind that. I'd like the fogs to stay on with high beam as well. But I digress.

What I want to accomplish is to run the fogs with the parking lights, as in your photo. I suspect it is forbidden by NHTSA here. Does anyone know why? A throwback to when so many cars had quad headlights somehow?

bigtex, can you do that after disabling your DRLs?

Back