Hatch Height needs increased length

sprintrps

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I have smacked my head on the hatch of my 17 GT this too many times. At 65 I have inadvertently hit my head when loading the rear area. I dont want to be found sprawled out in the Walmart parking lot some day after smacking the hatch. Does anyone know of a kit to change the struts to a longer one to increase height when open?

Check this forum. Somebody posted about the recalled struts failing and somebody ordered new ones online and they got increased height. Not sure if it would help in your case but a few more inches might make all the difference.

The post was only a few days ago so you should be able to find it easily.

I'm 6' 4" and have learned to duck. Assuming your '17 is the same as our '19, you can push it up all the way and set the memory to that position, but it won't stick. It always drops a few inches. In any case, it's better than our old CR-V was. That may be why I'm used to ducking when I go to the rear of the vehicle.

And I thought the height of power liftgate is adjustable? Or is it still too low with its highest position?

I*m 5*11 and I hit my head on it when it*s in the highest position. Thing is you can push it up a bit higher but as one of the posts says it won*t ever go that high if you set it there. Needs to go up more I think.

Back