Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda VS Subaru... Scotty Kilmer Speaks!

CX-5 2016.5

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Man quit posting this clown. Old outdated views and opinions disguised as "facts".
    Which part is "outdated" exactly? He might be outdated in a sense that he looks at cars from the "owner's" perspective in times when the whole market is geared towards a "consumer" with everything being disposable, but other than that - in genera - he actually makes some good points.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by alexeyga View Post
    Which part is "outdated" exactly? He might be outdated in a sense that he looks at cars from the "owner's" perspective in times when the whole market is geared towards a "consumer" with everything being disposable, but other than that - in genera - he actually makes some good points.
    Guess you never saw his SkyActiv video where every criticism he levied against it was based on pre-SkyActiv Mazdas and not the actual SkyActiv Mazdas. He shat all over the CX-5 using what was obviously a story about an old CX-7 as his basis for calling the CX-5 crap. Very misleading.

As for this video, how about incorrect information like claiming they use Jatco transmissions?
    Last edited by ColoradoDriver; 05-19-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 81k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

CX-5 2016.5

You're correct - I haven't watched his SkyActive video - nor I really care to. I could probably make one of my own explaining why the whole Skyactive thing is a pile of bullocks. The 2 cylinders de-activation - 2 out of 4!!!! - on the last gen CX5 - is an idiotic nonsense which goes against all engine design principles. Scotty might be full of $hit and he makes mistakes, but his logic is solid.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

You're correct - I haven't watched his SkyActive video - nor I really care to. I could probably make one of my own explaining why the whole Skyactive thing is a pile of bullocks. The 2 cylinders de-activation - 2 out of 4!!!! - on the last gen CX5 - is an idiotic nonsense which goes against all engine design principles. Scotty might be full of $hit and he makes mistakes, but his logic is solid.
    Yeah...ok.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

You can thank the government for that. It is how a car company complies with the strict emissions standards that get tougher and tougher each year. Other manufacturers such as Honda and Toyota try to comply by using a tiny motor with a turbo charger. Honda also has some models with cylinder deactivation. I am sure Toyota will have it soon too.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Hey Scotty!

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

Man, The Penguin from Batman has really let himself go.
    2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2016 Mazda CX-5 T -- sold
    2015 Yamaha FZ09 (Melisandre)
    2012 Yamaha R6 (Lucy) -- laid to rest
    2009 Mazda 3 (Fireball)
    1998 Chevy S-10 (Cindy)

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by mox44ah View Post
    Man, The Penguin from Batman has really let himself go.
    Legitimately snorted while I took a sip of water.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12