Rear brakes seizing up

mspNate

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
so new car, and I'm having a problem difficult to diagnose. first i drive the car home to find the driver rear brake smoking, take the caliper off and notice the calipers, rotors, pads are brand new but installed without the hardware. cleaned/ lubed everything reassembled and made it 40 miles no heat in the rotor then randomly starts smoking again. so i ordered the hardware and put it back together everything was fine for a mile then i feel the passenger rear rotor and was very hot. So the issue switched sides and it has me very flustered.
was thinking brake hose until it switched sides, maybe the hardline?
note the brakes are very quishy but i just bled them also the brake booster is new aswell and seems to function fine... sorry for the length, any ideas?

Msp are notorious for the rear calipers sticking. I'm having the same issue myself. Go to a local salvage yard and pick up a set of Mazda 6 calipers or speed 6 calipers. I'm picking up all 4 calipers and e-brake cables for under 120.00. Read the forums. There's a plethora of useful information here.

+1 for getting a set of speed 6 or mazda 6 calipers. They are a nice upgrade too

Msp are notorious for the rear calipers sticking. I'm having the same issue myself. Go to a local salvage yard and pick up a set of Mazda 6 calipers or speed 6 calipers. I'm picking up all 4 calipers and e-brake cables for under 120.00. Read the forums. There's a plethora of useful information here.

Scrap yard is a good idea. But I've seen the MS6 brake upgrades for the MSP online, possibly MazdaspeedTuning.com ..? Its expensive though to buy it that way...

Back