Well...that was lame.

One thing that the Mazda Nav does good is starting the navigation home. By voice or a couple of button presses. Ideally it would be a one button press like my dedicated GPS does. It does do some bad navigating though. Today I went to Home Depot and the thing I wanted was out of stock. So when I was in my car in the parking lot I searched for Home Depot and picked the next nearest one. I followed the instructions and when it said "Destination is on your right" there was no Home Depot anywhere around. So the best way to use it is to get the address and place it into the Nav before going.

As someone with a CX-5 that has no Nav and a phone, lol. One day I might understand lol.

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/
See anything there that refers to watching video? Or mirroring?
Subaru did not rewrite ACP to enable this. Your friend did something to enable that (yes, probably jail broke it). It is NOT native to ACP. Fact.
Just like you surely could figure out a way to do it with your Android phone if you'd spend some time Goggling it. And I promise it would be easier with Android then Apple because Android isn't as locked down. Also fact.
How out of touch Android is? You are so clueless, it's almost funny.
Please switch to Apple. You're embarrassing me as an Android owner. You no doubt are the Apple type anyway.
I rarely watch stuff on my phone. I clearly said if I wanted to I don't need to on my dashboard... because I have a phone that I can do that on. I don't even understand the mindset of wanting to watch it on the dashboard.
I frankly don't give a s*** that the 2 or 3 vehicles you've owned since 2012 let you watch video in the dash. It has certainly never in history been a common thing... except in minivans. And even then the video isn't ON THE DASH.
I've had exactly zero cars that did this.
Nor did I ever think it was something I wanted even after I had a child.
Please...
Get an iPhone.
https://swappa.com/buy/iphones

Probably right on the jailbroke.
AA is still crap vs ACP. The mazda system is much better visually etc. While ACP offers actual icons, etc. AA posts temp and time in small letters with 3 icons and a home button crammed into the bottom of the screen offering less functionality than the native system.

Probably right on the jailbroke.
AA is still crap vs ACP.

They both have pros and cons. Niether is crap vs the other.
"Small weather and time"... Izzat really your big complaint? This is why AA sucks? LoL Ok man. Hi get an iPhone.

Who actually uses the AA home button on the screen rather than just pressing the Home button on the car?

All your visual complaints, specially ACP having actual icons, will be addressed on the upcoming AA update later this year.

https://youtu.be/0Wz0Heig3TQ

Do you not like the stock NAV, or was yours sans NAV and this is just a cheaper way than paying for NAV?

The answers to the above question have no bearing on how useful and enjoyable I find AA to be. But to answer anyways:

- I don't have any issues with stock NAV
- Mine was sans NAV when purchased
- A short time after purchase I added OEM NAV
- As soon as AA became officially supported I installed it.

Cost had nothing to do with it. For some it's not all about maps / nav - though I digress that continuously updated roads + live traffic + road closure info + alternate routing options + calendar appointment destination integration is a major benefit.

As soon as AA was available I was installing it regardless of the cost. I drive a lot and find it absurdly useful. Like I said... one man's trash is another person's treasure.

Nothing wrong with you not liking it. But it's gold to those that do.

Last edited:
How big do you need it?
a8ecaa974832ab0a4379838b29b674ad.jpg

Back