2013~2016 SCBS TPMS and other faults on 2012 diesel

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav auto 175
3 times in a week this has happened:- SCBS light came on then TPMS light, lost cruise control, then auto gearbox became jerky and manual option only displayed a small 'm'. Prior to that I noticed the car seemed to have lost power at low revs and under acceleration seemed to go in a slightly on/off pattern (hard to describe).
Each time I've stopped disconnected the battery and reconnected and the faults have cleared, but the power loss has remained. Power at higher revs is still fine.

I've replaced the battery after it first occurred. Car has recently had a new head gasket and full decarb, and has been running really well. Only annoyance has been all-to-frequent regens. Full mazda service history, oil level nowhere near the x mark.

Before I commit to an expensive diagnostic, any clues as to what might be causing this? My researches show possble loose earth, MAR sensor, turbo underboist sensor, loose connections on body control module, or even the existence of an OBD2 device on the diagnostic port, which I'm about to remove.

Help!!

No. I have an obd2 device but only Torque free version. Maybe disconnecting the battery cleared any codes?

Update on this. Codes all related to invalid data from the PCM. Mazda updated the PCM software in February, and these faults have only arisen since then. Keeps happening, often after a (failed?) regen, something which occurs on most trips, short or long. Today it was in town, once the engine had warmed up.

Guys, help me out here - what on earth is going on? I'm reluctant to write Mazda blank cheque for diagnosis, as they charge 100/ hr (+20% VAT). The trouble always starts with TPMS - could it be a wheel sensor, or even the fact that I have 2 different tyre brands on the front?

Great car but I can't trust it to get me anywhere at present.

Update on this. Codes all related to invalid data from the PCM. Mazda updated the PCM software in February, and these faults have only arisen since then. Keeps happening, often after a (failed?) regen, something which occurs on most trips, short or long. Today it was in town, once the engine had warmed up.

Guys, help me out here - what on earth is going on? I'm reluctant to write Mazda blank cheque for diagnosis, as they charge 100/ hr (+20% VAT). The trouble always starts with TPMS - could it be a wheel sensor, or even the fact that I have 2 different tyre brands on the front?
when we should replace our car battery, visit this link for more info.
Great car but I can't trust it to get me anywhere at present.

Have you solve this issue yet? If not, it maybe TPMS sensor issue due to a weak or failing over even died battery. It should also be tires that serviced or rotated and the relearn procedure was not done correctly. Take a closer look at them.

Back