Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 70.00.335 Firmware

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Quote Originally Posted by corvetteboy6988 View Post
    Great, can you please share how to? Do I use the Mazda tool box program I downloaded?
    The Mazda toolbox program can be used for Map updates, not system updates.
    For a good tutorial on managing system updates visit the link below:

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ml#post1859114

That is the most comprehensive set of online directions available.
    Essentially you need to download the update.
    Go through the process to clear DTC codes.
    Load the update to the CMU
    Check to make sure the updates took.
    You're done.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Grand Touring

I took my CX-9 to the dealer yesterday for an oil change and tire rotation. I also asked that they update the system and provided them with the .335 version number. When they returned the car they said that everything had been done on the work order including the system update. Before I drove away I checked the version and it was still .100. I pointed this out to the service guy and he acted surprised, checked with the shop and thanked me for letting them know about the new version. He then took the vehicle back to the shop and applied the .335 version.

I keep hoping that I'm going to find a competent dealer (any brand). Hope springs eternal but particularly when it comes to car dealers, for me anyway.

Sheesh!
    Last edited by 19CX9; 06-27-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GT AWD

Just a shout out to other firmware update newbies-- I performed my first firmware update today on my '19 GT with no drama. I'm fairly technical but I do think it is straightforward if you follow the instructions that come with the update files (post #2 on this thread). Some details:

• Was previously at v .100, an update I had the dealer do a week after picking up the car (because it wasn't done ahead of delivery as I had requested)
    • Used an 8GB USB stick that was formatted FAT32; I believe it was USB 2.0 but not 100% sure
    • Copied files onto the USB stick using a Mac; I deleted a couple of the invisible files but not all; seemed to work just fine
    • Took about 4 min from when I initiated the update until the progress bar displayed
    • Took about 30 min overall from start to finish

Nothing new here, but just letting others who might have cold feet know that it's not too hard. I'd prefer if I could just pull in to my garage, connect to my home WiFi, and do an OTA update as my buddy with a new Subaru Ascent can do... oh well. My car is way better looking!

Also noticed a June update to the maps, for those that use built-in nav:
    http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.c...language=en-US

A NEW MAP UPDATE WAS MADE AVAILABLE IN JUNE, 2019.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Congrats on the update! I've updated mine a couple times now, including one to install CarPlay. No problems at all.

I saw that my 3-year availability for map updates had arrived about the same time as that update came out so I figured I'd better grab it. I haven't noticed any real changes EXCEPT there are a few speed limit *errors* on my short commute now. I'm kind of bummed that I updated and now I have to look at "30mph" on my way in when the posted speed is (and has been) 45. :-/ YMMV

Registered Member

2020 CX-9

Quick question. Has anyone tried installing a firmware that was for another region? Does it break anything?
    Last edited by Majeed; 07-30-2019 at 08:52 AM.

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Quote Originally Posted by Majeed View Post
    Quick question. Has anyone tried installing a firmware that was for another region? Does it break anything?
    I havenít tried it personally but there are reports that your radio tuner will no longer work correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Mazda 3 2.000cc F/L AT SDAN TOURING 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    The Mazda toolbox program can be used for Map updates, not system updates.
    For a good tutorial on managing system updates visit the link below:

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ml#post1859114

That is the most comprehensive set of online directions available.
    Essentially you need to download the update.
    Go through the process to clear DTC codes.
    Load the update to the CMU
    Check to make sure the updates took.
    You're done.

on 2019aug16th I wrote:
    I followed this step by step, but committed a pair of mistakes and I'm worried if not completing the whole process might affect my Mazda 3 year 2020 operation.

I have the 70.00.100 4A N version and I wanted to upgrade to 70.00.335 4A N, so I downloaded the "cmu150_ADR_70.00.335C_update.up" file and copied it to a 8GB USB stick previously 32 FAT formatted from https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My first mistake: I forgot to unpair two bluetooth devices before starting the whole process described at https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My second mistake: I didn't get off the car (step 7) but instead stayed inside and I moved something, so the alarm started to beep.

On step 13 (System Update packages search), I received a message that no Update Software was found on the USB stick.

I couldn't finish the process then.

Should I be worried? Step 6 says "internally clear earlier set DTCs in CMU"

Thank you very much in advanced for your prompt response.

On 2019aug19th I editted:

Quote Originally Posted by HeuristicAL View Post
    I am also experiencing the same thing. Any help would be super appreciated!
    I removed the room fuse for 6 minutes and started the whole process again, using a checked USB 32 FAT formatted and verifying the downloaded file (just followed the full, complete instructions) and now I have correctly installed the 70.00.335 firmware on my Mazda 3.

I'm not willing to buy the hardware yet and try to install it, in order to use Iphone Car Play or Android Auto, because it seems very expensive and not so easy to install.

I just wonder if I could download the Mazda Navigation software to a blank SD and make it work.
    Last edited by edmejia; 08-19-2019 at 06:10 PM. Reason: already solved the problem

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by edmejia View Post
    I followed this step by step, but committed a pair of mistakes and I'm worried if not completing the whole process might affect my Mazda 3 year 2020 operation.

I have the 70.00.100 4A N version and I wanted to upgrade to 70.00.335 4A N, so I downloaded the "cmu150_ADR_70.00.335C_update.up" file and copied it to a 8GB USB stick previously 32 FAT formatted from https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My first mistake: I forgot to unpair two bluetooth devices before starting the whole process described at https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My second mistake: I didn't get off the car (step 7) but instead stayed inside and I moved something, so the alarm started to beep.

On step 13 (System Update packages search), I received a message that no Update Software was found on the USB stick.

I couldn't finish the process then.

Should I be worried? Step 6 says "internally clear earlier set DTCs in CMU"

Thank you very much in advanced for your prompt response.

Registered Member

I removed the room fuse for 6 minutes and started the whole process again, using a checked USB 32 FAT formatted and verifying the downloaded file (just followed the full, complete instructions) and now I have correctly installed the 70.00.335 firmware on my Mazda 3.

I'm not willing to buy the hardware yet and try to install it, in order to use Iphone Car Play or Android Auto, because it seems very expensive and not so easy to install.

I just wonder if I could download the Mazda Navigation software to a blank SD and make it work.

Registered Member

How can I enable touchscreen while driving on 70.00.335 firmware version Mazda 3?

How can I disable the speed limit restriction for using the radio while driving? I have a passenger as copilot, the touchscreen doesn't work; it does, only below 5km/h which has no sense for another person trying to change radio stations in example.

I've just installed firmware version 70.00.335 and I found some videos that have the instructions for lower versions, pressing 3 buttons and the pressing during 20 seconds the clear option at the screen but doesn't work with this version.

Registered Member

2018 CX9 Sig

Quote Originally Posted by edmejia View Post

If memory serves me correctly each SD card is specifically linked to the vehicle.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azeke View Post
    If memory serves me correctly each SD card is specifically linked to the vehicle.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
    Thanks! it seems so; I'll continue using Waze on my mobile phone then.

Registered Member

Just to make sure I understand correctly: if you've been updated to 70.00.335 there is no way to get root back? I tried to connect to the CMU through serial and to trigger a re-install of the same firmware in order to try and follow the steps from the mzdaio website but the CMU can't seem to see the update file.

Registered Member

Mazda CX9 GT

Just to make sure I understand correctly: if you've been updated to 70.00.335 there is no way to get root back? I tried to connect to the CMU through serial and to trigger a re-install of the same firmware in order to try and follow the steps from the mzdaio website but the CMU can't seem to see the update file.
    Hmm. Imma about to do the same, but I think again if I lose my awesome IO tweaks.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by tunglete View Post
    Hmm. Imma about to do the same, but I think again if I lose my awesome IO tweaks.
    I may be doing something wrong but, no matter what I did, I could not get the system to recognize the same update file to try and reinstall the firmware and make a serial connection.
    I tried unplugging the CMU for some time and then retrying the update but no joy. Seems like I'll have to buy the official parts if I want android auto back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast