2016~2023 Price of map updates?

imagio

The Mazda site says that map updates are free for 3 years after the car hits ~100km. Past that how much do updates cost? I can't find the information anywhere. I'm picking up my new (to me) 2016 cx-9 signature on Tuesday and don't know if it is still in the free update period.

The Mazda site says that map updates are free for 3 years after the car hits ~100km. Past that how much do updates cost? I can't find the information anywhere. I'm picking up my new (to me) 2016 cx-9 signature on Tuesday and don't know if it is still in the free update period.

Picking it up from a dealer? You might be able to get them to throw it in...I think the map updates are going to be expensive, upwards of $200/$300. I recommend not getting them. The only thing you have to gain from that is integration with the HUD (if you have one), other than that. It isn't worth it.

1) The directions aren't accurate nor up-to-date with the latest constructions. I often missed turns and exits
2) There is no real traffic. It's based on historical data. If you drove route A on Tuesday and there was traffic during an accident. It remembers that and next time you have to drive thru route A, it'll recommend B b/c it thinks there's traffic. It's stupid
3) It's slow and voice dictation has to be specific. Can't search online
4) I bought my vehicle July 7, 2016 and I have until July 20, 2019 to update. I got mine when they first started coming up. There is an app you can get and put in your VIN number to see until when you have free updates. (Go here: http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/) If it's available, get it update, but please don't buy it. Instead, use that money to install Apple Car Play/Android Auto Kit. It's a bit over $300 by the dealership and you will not regret the decision. The system is faster, always up to day, real traffic alerts, fast, Satellite view, online search.... I don't see why anyone would not do this. The only downside is that it will not display on the HUD.

Back