Cant lock doors

bharris6

Yesterday I drove to the store and when I parked I turned off my 2014 CX5 and went to get out and it started beeping at me and would beep the whole time I had the door open. Also I could not lock my doors. I would push the lock button on the door and the locks would lock and unlock real fast. My lights where off and I had the key fob in my hand. Usually I can turn the car off open the doors and lock them as I get and shut them and all is good. Any help is greatly appreciated

You know where both fob's are? This is exactly how my car acts if there's a fob inside.

same problem I have, started that way. you will notice when you go to turn off the car, it will start to beep when you open the door and the touchscreen is still on etc.
There is a sensor when you put the car into park. Its tells the car you are in park. That sensor starts malfunctioning and thinks you are not in park. I have to take it out of park or push it in the park position to get the sensor to register. I am out of warranty and I'm sure its not that cheap at the dealer and havent looked into doing it myself or buying a new sensor. Sometimes I lean on the shifter and push it towards the P then hit the start/stop.

Why wouldn't you just lock the doors with the key fob?

Anyways, the locks seem to be behaving as if the key fob is still in the car. How long has it been since the battery was replaced in your key fob? I'd remove the battery, put it back in, and see if that does anything. If not, I'd try replacing the battery. chrisp1981's explanation sounds legit too.

Last edited:
same problem I have, started that way. you will notice when you go to turn off the car, it will start to beep when you open the door and the touchscreen is still on etc.
There is a sensor when you put the car into park. Its tells the car you are in park. That sensor starts malfunctioning and thinks you are not in park. I have to take it out of park or push it in the park position to get the sensor to register. I am out of warranty and I'm sure its not that cheap at the dealer and havent looked into doing it myself or buying a new sensor. Sometimes I lean on the shifter and push it towards the P then hit the start/stop.
That's it. Bingo.

Yes, I know where both fobs are and I replaced the battery in fob after it did this the first time. Its doing exactly what chrisp1981 said. I guess I will look into that sensor. Thank yall for the help.

if you go to the dealer let me know the cost or the cost for the sensor. I have to do something almost every time I turn off the car now to get it to fully turn off and lock the car. That how it started for me. I would leave the car and go to lock it with the fob and it would not lock, changes batteries, problem still occurs.

Are you referring to the AT shifter switch? I likewise had to replace that. They have a revised part. Problem was the little rubber piece in the switch wore and so when you went into park it wouldn't always register. Revised part supposedly fixed that.

What happened is that when I would go to park the car would not turn off all the way and would still be in accessory mode and it took many more times of taking it out of park and putting it back in before it shut off all the way. Can't say I every tried to lock the doors as it was very obvious the car hadn't shut off all the way so I would keep trying till I got it to shut off.

It's a $50 part a bit of a pain to switch out but not impossible. Probably $250 plus to get fixed at a dealer from what I've seen posted.

Back