Saw a new Telluride on the road today.

Montanaman

Montana/Arizona
:
2018.5 CX-9 AWD GT
I know they've been out for awhile but it takes time to see new cars in Montana. It was a black one, top trim level with racks on top. It looks smaller in person than I thought it would. Not a bad looking sled. If the CX-9 weren't so good this might have been the choice. The new Highlander is a disappointment
so far as I've seen. 5 K miles in and averaging 23 in mixed driving on our 2018 GT AWD. I'm good with that.

The Kia Telluride has caught my attention too. Everything that I*ve seen or read indicates the Telliride is a homerun for Kia. The longer warranty doesn*t hurt either.

The Telluride boasts an attractive interior and exterior IMO. All of the reviews point to that as well. I'll have an opportunity to tour the West Point plant where they're being manufactured later this year. Looking forward to that!

The Telluride boasts an attractive interior and exterior IMO. All of the reviews point to that as well. I'll have an opportunity to tour the West Point plant where they're being manufactured later this year. Looking forward to that!

The Kia Telluride looks amazing inside. That is until you touch the materials. The Mazda has much higher quality materials inside, but lacks the crisp infotainment display offered in the Kia. I think the Kia design looks nicer too. The only thing that held me back from purchasing the Telluride over the CX-9 was the interior materials, exterior look and 1st year model. The Telluride is certainly a bargain for what it is, but the exterior design looks horrible. It's like a cross between a suburban, explorer, range rover and a few other cars. I like how the CX-9 looks and feels more refined. You really cant go wrong with the Telluride though, it has lane keep assist that rivals cars with autonomous driving!

As with any vehicle, pros and cons to everything. You just have to figure out what's a priority to you. The CX-9 also excels in driving dynamics. Telluride, for its size, utilizes its interior space fairly well, with a fairly usable third row seat. When the CX-9 gets an update, it'll probably catch up to the Telluride's tech.

Back