2017+ CX-5 mirror cap - JDM bright silver vs USM Sonic Silver

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
I'm looking at some JDM accessories and found they have mirror caps for 2017+. It's called bright silver. I want to know how does it compare to the Sonic silver we have. I like the look of Audi.
Did anyone purchased these? If so, are they just sticker cap over the current cap or is it an actual cap?
I was also considering vinyl wrap to satin silver chrome as well but want something more solid and won't fade it a few years.

Here is the link from eBay
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

There's what seems to be an OEM Mazda part # in that listing (K156-V3-650). After some cross-referencing with Mazda mirror cover/garnish installation instructions, it appears that the OEM garnishes are meant to replace the existing mirror cover and not just fit over it.

Also, the associated online images unsurprisingly are still unclear about exactly what the actual color is. Mazda used a "Bright Silver" named paint on at least early 2000's Mazda3s, and I also see they use that same color name for a number of their rims including current ones, but of course that doesn't mean anything here. You would think that bright silver = chrome-like, but it doesn't appear that way. Looks more like the Brilliant Silver body paint on my 2010 MZD6. I don't think there's a way to know exactly how it may compare to Sonic Silver without actually purchasing them, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back