2017~2024 Acceleration while Braking

:
2018 Mazda CX5 Machine Gray
I was poking around on the NHTSA site for the 18' CX5 AWD for the issue that GoHawks and I experienced with cylinder #4 failure and found some interesting comments on the complaints section on a different topic.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/MAZDA/CX-5/SUV/AWD

All 5 complaints written state that they were breaking and vehicle accelerated instead. No details on trim or anything. None of the cases seemed like duplicate submissions either.

Was wondering if anyone here has experienced this and hadn't seen anything on the forums. I haven't experienced it myself (and hope it never happens) but wanted to see if anyone else had. It seemed more than just a one off incident.

These are the NTHSA ID numbers for anyone curious to checking them out.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the brakes can always overpower the engine, so I'm curious how that could happen.

I was poking around on the NHTSA site for the 18' CX5 AWD for the issue that GoHawks and I experienced with cylinder #4 failure and found some interesting comments on the complaints section on a different topic.

All 5 complaints written state that they were breaking and vehicle accelerated instead. No details on trim or anything. None of the cases seemed like duplicate submissions either.

Was wondering if anyone here has experienced this and hadn't seen anything on the forums. I haven't experienced it myself (and hope it never happens) but wanted to see if anyone else had. It seemed more than just a one off incident.

So you have the rocker arm issue as well?

So you have the rocker arm issue as well?

Chris,

The only known issue I had was the misfire which has seemed to have been fixed with the PCM update. I've reached back out to the dealership to get a visual inspection done on the rocker arm. I'll keep you all updated on how that turns out.

This braking issue is not one I've experienced I stumbled upon it while I was on the NTSHA website and was curious if this was a widespread problem or isolated.

I had a situation once where my oversized foot with clunky shoes got on both the brake and accelerator at the same time when I tried to brake.

I had a situation once where my oversized foot with clunky shoes got on both the brake and accelerator at the same time when I tried to brake. A little more space between them would be nice.

After reading some of those complaints on the NHTSA site I'm of the mind that some of those people should not be driving.

This sounds like the Audi and Toyota situation all over again. Mostly bogus, as it turned out.

Just for grins, I entered those numbers in the Search box and got no results. I looked up other reports and entered one of those numbers with the same failed result.

Is there a way you know of to query that site with the ID numbers?

Creeping floor mats and people thinking they had hit the lawsuit lottery?
Toyota is really serious on floor mats. I had my 2018 Yaris in for free 6-month maintenance with oil change. The tech removed a thin aftermarket plastic floor mats on driver side which protects factory carpet floor mats and stated such in the invoice! But thiss a Mazda2 which shouldnt have such issue ⋯ ;)

Back