Do not wash

I don't understand why anyone would use a dealership for detailing.

Once bitten...twice shy!! I can remember back in early January when I first got my new CX-5 how I had to explain to them the reasoning behind why they needed to not just wash my vehicle for the first time after coming off the transport truck, but to clay it as well to get off all the contaminants that I could easily feel all over the vehicle except where the factory wrap was. That should have been my first clue as to the care they would take in wanting their customers vehicles to be clean!!

Last edited:
Some of us have more common sense than others...

I don*t know why folks use the stealerships for anything after their car purchase, but whatever floats your boat I guess...

Some people's time is more important than others. They might have the money to spend and don't mind paying for the convenience. It's as simple as that.

Some people's time is more important than others. They might have the money to spend and don't mind paying for the convenience. It's as simple as that.

Ha. I pay for the convenience sometimes too...

You wanna talk opportunity cost?

At a stealership?! Hell to the Naw, LMAO!

Last edited:

Yes, but when I think detailing, a dealership is not the first thing to pop into my head. I'd I don't know...take it to an actual detailer?

Yes, but when I think detailing, a dealership is not the first thing to pop into my head. I'd I don't know...take it to an actual detailer?

When I feel like getting some free coffee and donuts, I head over to the Mazda dealership waiting area. Play it off like I'm waiting for servicing. Grab some food then bail out.

When I feel like getting some free coffee and donuts, I head over to the Mazda dealership waiting area. Play it off like I'm waiting for servicing. Grab some food then bail out.

Man they don't even have donuts at the dealers around here.

Like I said, they might not mind paying for the convenience of getting it done at the dealership. As enthusiasts, we might be more concerned with quality of work, so we'd go the extra step and take it to an actual detailer.

Like I said, they might not mind paying for the convenience of getting it done at the dealership. As enthusiasts, we might be more concerned with quality of work, so we'd go the extra step and take it to an actual detailer.
Right... I think you missed my point. Is the dealership more convenient or something?

Right... I think you missed my point. Is the dealership more convenient or something?

It would be if they were already at the dealership for something else (like an oil change). Might also be more convenient for those who are unwilling (or too lazy) to look up the different detailing companies and make a decision.

It would be if they were already at the dealership for something else (like an oil change). Might also be more convenient for those who are unwilling (or too lazy) to look up the different detailing companies and make a decision.

Get what you pay for...

Yes and no! Some dealerships and commercial car washes charge just as much as a respectable detailer, if you can believe that.

Even more of a mind boggle that people would think.....detailing, detailing.....guess I'll go to a dealership, then!

I mean, I get your point, but it makes as much sense as me going to the local Mexican restaurant to order a burger. Sure they have them, but is that really the place?

I mean, I get your point, but it makes as much sense as me going to the local Mexican restaurant to order a burger. Sure they have them, but is that really the place?

Or Taco Bell to get a taco!

Back