2019 CX-5 GT Interior Gaps

Hello,

I just purchased my first 2019 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ PP last week and I am loving it so far. While I see better quality than my 2019 Odyssey EX-L (in the dealership for fixing wiring harness issue for two weeks now), I just found these gaps when I was cleaning the car and it doesn't look like normal. Upper panels seem to be tight and fit correctly. I just want to check with others before I talk to the dealer. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, I won't care much after a couple of week. And, it's hidden after closing door. Just want to ask if someone has similar gaps between side panel and .

Hello,

I just purchased my first 2019 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ PP last week and I am loving it so far. While I see better quality than my 2019 Odyssey EX-L (in the dealership for fixing wiring harness issue for two weeks now), I just found these gaps when I was cleaning the car and it doesn't look like normal. Upper panels seem to be tight and fit correctly. I just want to check with others before I talk to the dealer. Thanks!

Similar problem on interior trim gap had been reported on gen-1 CX-5.

Fit and finish

I've got some gaps under the metal strip trim (beneath the fake wood) in the dashboard area in front of the passenger. It would be fine if it were consistent, but some areas have a gap and others don't. Maybe it was from the Android Auto upgrade where they took off some dash panels?
Now that I've noticed it, I can't unsee it. I don't have OCD.

This is one reason I like black interiors.

attachment.php

That A pillar trim has to pivot from there to let the curtain airbag out in an accident. They all have the same gap there.

Back