Possible battery issues

kevhere

I didn't drive my Mazda3 for 10 days, then it had a tough time starting this morning. After about 20 minutes on my way to work it was accelerating very slowly. The check engine light, ABS, and the serving car lights all came on. I started my car on my lunch break where it still had a tough time starting, and only the check engine light is still on. Any ideas what the issue could be?

How old is your Mazda3? If it's a 2015 or older , then yes, it may be a battery issue.

Get the CEL code, you can buy a cheap OBD2 reader or go to Autozone and they will check it for free

How old is the battery? It's not the original, is it? There should be a date code on it.

I didn't drive my Mazda3 for 10 days, then it had a tough time starting this morning. After about 20 minutes on my way to work it was accelerating very slowly. The check engine light, ABS, and the serving car lights all came on. I started my car on my lunch break where it still had a tough time starting, and only the check engine light is still on. Any ideas what the issue could be? Why check engine light on but no codes, review this on this link for more info

It could be battery issue. But it is also a lack of fuel and/or spark that make engine light on. Using OBD2 scanner to diagnose what the issue is before replacing battery.

Latest posts

Back