Firmware update notice

psollitto

:
2018 CX-5 GT
After plugging my phone into AA I got a message on my phone of a firm ware update, but nothing downloaded. Any one know what this is about? Today It happened again.

Either your phone has a OS update, or Android Auto has a software update available. Check your phone for possible updates.

Good morning, psollitto. To add a bit more info to what Studum posted, the Mazda Connect system to my awareness does not alert when there are firmware updates available, as that's something Mazda wants only the dealer to take care of (although there are means to DIY). Unless there's something new in terms of such alerts, or then possibly in regards to something Mazda prefers the owner to directly update (like Gracenote or the navigation maps), any such notification while one's phone attached is likely due to something on the phone itself. Do you recall the exact verbiage of the alert or is there a way to view the notification again and get a photo of it?

You may already know about this, but here's the Mazda website for the MZD Connect system:

https://www.mazdausa.com/navigation

Back