Sirius XM issues on a 2019 CX-5 GT

This is a persistent problem. It will probably be OK tomorrow. Make sure you have the latest firmware version.

Yup. Just got back into the car after 30-40 minutes and it works fine.

I*m on 70.0.0.100 and I know the latest FW is 70.0.0.335. Has that FW resolved the issue?

Yup. Just got back into the car after 30-40 minutes and it works fine.

I*m on 70.0.0.100 and I know the latest FW is 70.0.0.335. Has that FW resolved the issue?

It will HELP lessen it.

When I picked up my Sig in April, I had this happen at least a couple times a week.

Some tips:

1) Get it updated to 335. WHY the dealer delivered it without updating it bewilders me.
2) Let the system load completely. Don't plug you phone in to the Carplay/Android Audio cable until the systme is completely booted (1 minute)
3) IF you don't have a need to have your phone connected via bluetooth, don't connect it to the system in the setup. Unless you really need to talk to people in the car.

I have found that with doing all ^ that, My occurrences are down to about once a month now.

Thanks for that heads up. Owner of the dealer got back to me and copied in service manager. They*ll update the firmware next week when I bring it in. Threw in the 7500 mile oil change (3000 mile was already free) and $100 Mazda accessory *gift card*. I took the sunroof visor and they will install when they update the firmware.

I*ll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for that heads up. Owner of the dealer got back to me and copied in service manager. They*ll update the firmware next week when I bring it in. Threw in the 7500 mile oil change (3000 mile was already free) and $100 Mazda accessory *gift card*. I took the sunroof visor and they will install when they update the firmware.

I*ll keep everyone posted.

Sounds like a good dealer.

Mind sharing what part of the country you're in?

So I took my car in last week to the local dealer and they updated the firmware. Since then no issues. (I'll have to check tomorrow morning what version, can't find where I wrote it down)

Of course. Southern NJ. Dealer is Chapman Mazda/Ford. I*m sure it helps that this was the fourth car we gave purchased there, between my wife and myself.

I've spent some time up there, back in the 60s and 70s. My sister's in laws had a place in Margate, just a few houses from the beach. We would walk down the beach and see Lucy when she was in a state of disrepair.

Glad you have a dealership you can count on. It's real peace of mind.

Our kids still enjoy Lucy! Luckily they*ve kept her clean and did a few renovations over the years.

I wouldn*t go to another dealer. They*ve been great and even more so on the service side.

Yes I have the same issue - drives me crazy. Didn't know if it was Mazda or Sirius but I suspected it was Mazda - but who to call?

So I took my car in last week to the local dealer and they updated the firmware. Since then no issues. (I'll have to check tomorrow morning what version, can't find where I wrote it down)

Good to hear - we just bought my wife a brand new 2019 CX-5 GT and she complained about this XM unavailable issue after two days. I've confirmed she has firmware .335 so it seems to be the latest in that regard though? Can you let me know what firmware you were on and what version you upgraded to? This is our first Mazda and she loves everything about it... except this, which is extremely annoying as everyone else has experienced.

Last edited:
Hi all.. Had an arbitration hearing with Mazda today... BBB has 3 days to render a decision.
What I did find out is there is NOW (as of 9/20/2019) a Technical Information Service Bulletin (TI Number: TI-US210-01-19)
Which covers the issues at the beginning of this tread. It gives guidance to Mazda Service on what information to gather from
the vehicles etc. Basic Claim is that this is a software issue only between Mazda owned hardware / software and SiriusXM owned hardware / software. "the issue is being investigated" No target date for a fix as of 10/2/2019... Thought I would share...

One thing I think may help us all better understand the issue; please let me know your results..

1.) Turn the ignition on
2.) Allow the CMU (InfoSystem) to boot up and play your Sirius XM station
3.) reboot the CMU instructions below
4.) Most of the time the music system will come upon the last select FM station Note: the mute button will need to be pressed to unmute the system from the CMU reboot.
5.) If you try this a few times in a row I can usually get the error message unable to Connect to Sirius XM or Sirius XM channel unavailable...

My persona guess is that when the issue shows up at vehicle start, we are in a race condition between the CMU and the TAU (the SiriusXM Tuner Amplifier Unit).. I personally would love to get feed back from Mazda Engineering but the seem to have a very
effective firewall between them selves and the customers... Just my personal thoughts....

I hope this gets fixed very soon!!!!!

If the Mazda CMU freezes or locks up while driving * or if for any reason you need to reset the CMU * you can reset it without turning off the ignition by pressing the following button combination and holding it for 10 seconds:

BACK + MUTE + NAV

The infotainment screen will go black then display the Mazda logo as the unit finishes rebooting.

How did your case end up? Which dealer in our area did you work with? Feel free to contact me through a direct message if you like. It seems like more recent posts indicate that updates now resolve the issue and I'm hoping that's true, given we are experiencing the XM unavailable issue in my wife's brand new 2019 CX-5 GT.

Last edited:
How did you case end up? Which dealer in our area did you work with? Feel free to contact me through a direct message if you like. It seems like more recent posts indicate that updates now resolve and I'm hoping that's true given we are experiencing the XM unavailable issue in my wife's brand new 2019 CX-5 GT.

ALL of my SiriusXM issues have gone away. I don't have any drop outs anymore, missing channels or nothing.

I honestly suspect it has something to do with updates that Sirius sends to the car. That's my personal opinion. I've been a Sirius subscribrer since 2005 and on my older car, they used to update once every few months.. its usually programming changes that are occurring but I suspect they also do other updates.

I was having issues, but they all seem to be gone.

Thanks mac, interesting and good to hear. It's definitely an intermittent issue so we will see if it lingers or "goes away".

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved? I have been dealing with this issue since I bought the car almost a year ago. I have an appointment with the dealership next week for them to look at it for the 3rd time. So far each time they make an update and tell me it's fixed, but I am still having issues with it being totally unresponsive at times.

I have a general service appointment with my dealer on Tuesday. I lied and said I've been having XM issues so that they would update the firmware for me (I have an older version) without argument as to it being my responsibility.

The woman in the Service Department said "We can update your firmware for you, but this may not fix the issue. Mazda is still in contact with XM trying to resolve the issues." This was last Thursday or Friday.

So, No, it does not seem like the problem is solved. Or perhaps your problem has been solved and XM/Mazda conflicts have caused others.

I'm wondering if I should leave well enough alone and keep the version I know works mostly fine. (It loads slow and Voice Recognition is spotty.)

Last edited:
I've had 1 XM drop/loading issue since updating to latest version. I had just input a new NAV destination before shutting down the car so maybe that contributed to XM unable to load that time.

I've had 1 XM drop/loading issue since updating to latest version. I had just input a new NAV destination before shutting down the car so maybe that contributed to XM unable to load that time.
That's good to know.

I'm on Firmware 70.00.100 NA N and after one year of ownership I've had 2 Failure to Load XM. The one instance I shut off and restarted the car 3 times and it still did not load. It's as though the thing needs to be off for a period of time for the program to clear out and do a fresh reload. I had the same experience with a NAV load issue once...restarting did not fix it. I've done the 3 finger reset process and that's done nothing for the infotainment or NAV system...goodness knows if it really does anything.

My only lingering issue (besides slow-to-load) is that Voice Recognition to change stations still fails about 20% of the time. When it fails, it will not recognize a station name ("XM Symphony Hall") but it always recognizes the station# ("XM 76") Go figger.

I wonder what continuing issues the service scheduler was talking about. As others have said, XM pushes updates. I've had it since the early days in the 90s, and still have my original Delphi radio as well as in-dash XM in my 2005 truck. None of those have ever had a problem, but they use the most basic functionality required to display a station name and play music. I don't know why I keep it. All the jazz stations I originally got it for have been replaced with 70s rock.

Last edited:
I had no infotainment/Sirius issues with firmware 100 version.At my last service they updated to 352 along with map update,no problems and loads quickly. It sounds like the problem folks are having with Sirius is a Sirius issue,not a firmware problem.

Back