Sirius XM issues on a 2019 CX-5 GT

let me rephrase.. Do the vehicles affected have the gt premium package? Mine is a GT with the gt premium package. We have blue tooth connected (just my wife's phone) and are not using apple car play nor plugging in USB devices during boot up. Just trying to figure out if the gt premium package has anything to do with the issue..

Here are folks with an XM issue who posted in this thread if you want to keep track:

GT Reserve: Avoiding Deer, Dchamp, mxmnj, Linzer (has Canadian version of GT-R)
Signature: mac.mc78, Mantra 7, Turborascal
GT + premium pkg: bbobbyb
Unknown trim: csjames1971,JFK

I can report that since updating to the latest version of the software I have had only 1 occurrences of this again. And.. lo and behold, it was after a rain.

We haven't had much rain here this summer, so it's been hard to diagnose.

My car goes in for its first oil change this week, so I'm going to notify them of all these small issues I'm having (herky jerky tranny (get them to check the fluid levels)), the Sirius XM Issue.. the headlights turning off when wipers are on and car is stopped stuff...

Lots of small little glitches.

I've been trying to get a service appointment for 3 weeks to work on the SiriusXM radio issue at the top of this thread on my CX-5.
Without any success after going to the dealership and contacting Mazda Customer Experience again; I opened a Better Business Bureau per the Mazda Owner's Manual as the next steps.. Total frustration. I do have documented on one of my six (6) service work orders that there were at least two (2) more CX-5 customers with the issue. Verbally I was told both were in Florida. Hopefully there will
be traction on the issue and we can all become happy Mazda Customers.

My dealer straight up did NOTHING for me when I suggested there might be an issue with the antenna/Sirius XM module in the car on Thursday.

Anyone know of a GOOD reliable dealership in Toronto?

Contact Mazda Customer Experience Center.. The US phone number is 800.222.5500. Open a case / file number and see if they
will suggest a dealer that will work with you My case / File Number is 1-2049583113 which you may reference. My thoughts if
we get the our cases linked together each of us will be a "ONE OFF" issue and will be easier to dismiss.

I really like my CX-5. I just want it fixed so I can enjoy it. Now I just worry we are seeing symptoms of bigger issues to come.

I do not touch any controls until the system boots up. My issues have happened wet or dry and at different times.. I can not pin point what stimulus causes the event; but I'm relieved that I am not the only CX-5 owner with the issue. Multiple contact's with
SiriusXM leads me to believe our group is larger. SiriusXM techs did speak with my dealer about the issue forced Mazda Tech Line
(the people that advise dealer service) to replace the "TAU" / SiriusXM radio tuner in my CX-5.. This did seem to effect the frequency of my issues. Software was also updated (not sure how many times). A Mazda field engineer even looked at the issue
and a "trace" was done. One of the work orders said the GPS was not in sync with the system and was updated. So what is the secret?

Good Luck ... Keep us posted.

Contact Mazda Customer Experience Center.. The US phone number is 800.222.5500. Open a case / file number and see if they
will suggest a dealer that will work with you My case / File Number is 1-2049583113 which you may reference. My thoughts if
we get the our cases linked together each of us will be a "ONE OFF" issue and will be easier to dismiss.

I really like my CX-5. I just want it fixed so I can enjoy it. Now I just worry we are seeing symptoms of bigger issues to come.

I do not touch any controls until the system boots up. My issues have happened wet or dry and at different times.. I can not pin point what stimulus causes the event; but I'm relieved that I am not the only CX-5 owner with the issue. Multiple contact's with
SiriusXM leads me to believe our group is larger. SiriusXM techs did speak with my dealer about the issue forced Mazda Tech Line
(the people that advise dealer service) to replace the "TAU" / SiriusXM radio tuner in my CX-5.. This did seem to effect the frequency of my issues. Software was also updated (not sure how many times). A Mazda field engineer even looked at the issue
and a "trace" was done. One of the work orders said the GPS was not in sync with the system and was updated. So what is the secret?

Good Luck ... Keep us posted.

I*ve had a 2019 Sig for 9 months and my experience pretty much mirrors everyone else. I*ve worked with Sirius, been to the dealer 4 times and contacted Mazda customer service. The software was updated to version 335 which seemed to have no effect on the problem. I can*t see a pattern to the inability to connect with Sirius (other than the free channels), and it always requires a vehicle shutdown of some unknown, but lengthy period to re-establish communication with all the Sirius channels.

The failure mode was slightly different earlier this month: Instead of just displaying the Sirius channels on my Favorites screen with me unable to select them, it gave me a series of screens: *Connecting to Sirius radio* , *Unable to connect to Sirius radio*, *Check Sirius Tuner*.

As others have mentioned, I*ve learned not to give it any commands until it finishes booting up which takes just over a minute from a cold start and about half that if I have just stopped the car for a short time. I don*t have it load my iPhone contacts as I have been told that doing so will only slow it further. It does, however, seem to boot up faster if I turn the Bluetooth off on my phone.

The 10 year old car that this Mazda replaced had none of these problems * it*s really inexcusable for a new car.

I've started having more frequent XM issues in my Reserve.

I picked the car up in March, and don't drive it everyday because I'm retired.

At first, I had problems with XM Voice Recognition commands not working maybe every third trip (meaning that the software did not load properly). I had one instance of XM not loading early on.

The last 5 times I've driven the car, XM failed to load twice. One of those times I had a distance to drive back home, so I pulled over and restarted the car (since rebooting the system never fixes these issues for me). XM did not load. I turned off the car and restarted it a second time. XM did not load.

I have yet to take it back to the dealer.

Quick update on my CX-5.. 7 attempts to fix and 30 days in the shop and SiriusXM fails to connect or SiriusXM defaults to Preview or Radio ID channel.. I have opened a case with the BBB and the NC Attorney General's office. I received a response from Mazda USA in response talking about issues I do not have. I responded to Mazda USA and the BBB. BBB is taking my case to arbitration with
Mazda USA. I'll update the forum as the case progresses.

If you are having the issues at the top of this thread. Call Mazda Customer Experience and open a case with them. The US phone number is 800.222.5500. My Case number with Mazda USA is 1-2049583113 feel free to use it when you open your case.
The BBB case number is MAZ1924235.

I'm starting to have more and more issues with mine.

Now, if I'm on the highway in stop and go traffic, and I come to a stop under an overpass or whatever, the signal will (rightfully) go out for a second or two.

When it comes back on.. the radio will constantly cut out for a split second from that point onward.. It'll play for about 3-10 seconds, then a blip will happen. Even if I pause it, and then resume. If I change channels and then go BACk to the channel I was on, it STILL happens.

I've owned 3 Sirius radios, and NONE of this has ever happened.

The problem is - without extensive knowledge of the entertainment system.. I can't pinpoint if its the siriusxm module or if its the entertainment system.

I'm going to raise it with the dealer. I'm in Canada.

I've owned 3 Sirius radios, and NONE of this has ever happened.

Ditto.

I still have (and use) one of the old original Delphi units,and have hauled that thing around with a vehicle adapter kit and a computer speaker kit to use at work. Never had any issues like the XM in my Reserve.

In addition to the comments I made last night in post #49, this morning I had another issue.

I was flipping around satellite channels, and went to use the Commander control to hit the back button to show the song info, from the favourites menu, and the system froze and blackscreened and rebooted.

Once it rebooted, it sat on "Loading SiriusXM (or something similar) with a progress circle spinning and spinning. It did that for about 5 minutes before I had to shut down to go into work. Just as a hunch I turned on the ACC (without starting the car) and noticed that Satellite was now working.

I think there's an issue between the Entertainment system and the SiriusXM box. Thats why I think we're having all these phantom issues that are hard to diagnose.

I'm going to start recording my issues on video.

In addition to the comments I made last night in post #49, this morning I had another issue.

I was flipping around satellite channels, and went to use the Commander control to hit the back button to show the song info, from the favourites menu, and the system froze and blackscreened and rebooted.

Once it rebooted, it sat on "Loading SiriusXM (or something similar) with a progress circle spinning and spinning. It did that for about 5 minutes before I had to shut down to go into work. Just as a hunch I turned on the ACC (without starting the car) and noticed that Satellite was now working.

I think there's an issue between the Entertainment system and the SiriusXM box. Thats why I think we're having all these phantom issues that are hard to diagnose.

I'm going to start recording my issues on video.

I had the exact same thing happen last night on my way home. The whole infotainment system locked up and rebooted - only showed the Mazda logo with the spinning progress circle for a few minutes. I noticed when it came back on that any of the SiriusXM channels I selected would play, but only after a delay of about 20 seconds. Extremely frustrating.

Same issue with brand new 2019 CX-5 GTR

I had the exact same thing happen last night on my way home. The whole infotainment system locked up and rebooted - only showed the Mazda logo with the spinning progress circle for a few minutes. I noticed when it came back on that any of the SiriusXM channels I selected would play, but only after a delay of about 20 seconds. Extremely frustrating.

I am also having these issues sporadically. The infotainment system just rebooting and losing its mind, SiriusXM not working, etc. But THE most annoying part of these problems is that each and every time it has trouble booting it seems to reset itself to factory settings and I lose all of my Sirius/radio Favorites and some of my car settings. It's happened a bunch of times now and adding them back to favorites is laborious and seems a waste of time if it happens again. I've had the car in to the dealer and it's been updated to 335 and it has not fixed the problem. Honestly, the dealer doesn't seem to care/understand what the problem is and can only update it to whatever the new version is. Working with them seems a waste of time, it takes two weeks to get an appointment and two hours of my day while they simply update the firmware and tell me they hope it helps.

This is my first Mazda and I love this car but the infotainment system is just buggy and frustrating. Starting to regret the purchase as I figure the buggieness will only get worse with age.

I will probably contact BBB, Mazda Customer Experience and the manager at the dealership just to get on record and perhaps spur them along to actually diagnosing and fixing these things.

Will check back to see if anyone comes across magic.

Sirius Issues CX5 Signature

I*ve had a 2019 Sig for 9 months and my experience pretty much mirrors everyone else. I*ve worked with Sirius, been to the dealer 4 times and contacted Mazda customer service. The software was updated to version 335 which seemed to have no effect on the problem. I can*t see a pattern to the inability to connect with Sirius (other than the free channels), and it always requires a vehicle shutdown of some unknown, but lengthy period to re-establish communication with all the Sirius channels.

The failure mode was slightly different earlier this month: Instead of just displaying the Sirius channels on my Favorites screen with me unable to select them, it gave me a series of screens: *Connecting to Sirius radio* , *Unable to connect to Sirius radio*, *Check Sirius Tuner*.

As others have mentioned, I*ve learned not to give it any commands until it finishes booting up which takes just over a minute from a cold start and about half that if I have just stopped the car for a short time. I don*t have it load my iPhone contacts as I have been told that doing so will only slow it further. It does, however, seem to boot up faster if I turn the Bluetooth off on my phone.

The 10 year old car that this Mazda replaced had none of these problems * it*s really inexcusable for a new car.

I am having same issues with new Mazda. Has been to dealer twice (so far) with no improvement. Actually got worse after a part was replaced. The whole radio set up is enormously disappointing. Takes forever to come alive and get connected. And then sporadically doesnt work. Such a great car otherwise. But my god.

Zero Sirius problems in my 2016 GT. Went on a long highway trip in my 1 1/2 month old 2109 Reserve and got the dreaded *unable to connect to Sirius radio* and *check Sirius tuner* message after a rest stop. Tried stopping and restarting the car with no effect. Later on, after a longer stop, it came back on it*s own. I don*t understand how Mazda took a system that*s worked fine for years and managed to screw it up in the 2019 cars. What*s different as compared to previous years? Sirius XM tuner car technology should be perfected by now.

I have begin to have now reoccurring reboots, black screens, and stuttering audio particularly on Howard 100 on ym Sirius unit.

There's 100% something going on.

It was working well after the last update to the Infotainment system, but the last week has been HORRENDOUS. about 4-5 blackscreen/reboots. This morning, Howard100 was impossible to listen to. It would cut out for 1 second here and there, so I had to switch channels.

NOT impressed.

Just leased a 2019 CX-9 a week ago and I'm having the same issues. Its driving me NUTS. I can't deal with this for the next 3 years!!!

I am also having these issues sporadically. The infotainment system just rebooting and losing its mind, SiriusXM not working, etc. But THE most annoying part of these problems is that each and every time it has trouble booting it seems to reset itself to factory settings and I lose all of my Sirius/radio Favorites and some of my car settings. It's happened a bunch of times now and adding them back to favorites is laborious and seems a waste of time if it happens again. I've had the car in to the dealer and it's been updated to 335 and it has not fixed the problem. Honestly, the dealer doesn't seem to care/understand what the problem is and can only update it to whatever the new version is. Working with them seems a waste of time, it takes two weeks to get an appointment and two hours of my day while they simply update the firmware and tell me they hope it helps.

This is my first Mazda and I love this car but the infotainment system is just buggy and frustrating. Starting to regret the purchase as I figure the buggieness will only get worse with age.

I will probably contact BBB, Mazda Customer Experience and the manager at the dealership just to get on record and perhaps spur them along to actually diagnosing and fixing these things.

Will check back to see if anyone comes across magic.

Ok - I'm at the point now where it happened 3 times on the way home from work and a couple random times last week. I called the dealership and they're going to take a look at it on Thursday. Hoping that this is just a software update issue. It's frustrating because everything else is so awesome.

Ok - I'm at the point now where it happened 3 times on the way home from work and a couple random times last week. I called the dealership and they're going to take a look at it on Thursday. Hoping that this is just a software update issue. It's frustrating because everything else is so awesome.

I'm thinking it has to do with a update that Sirius pushed to their module.

I've owned several Sirius radios both portable AND in cars, and occasionally those radios would receive an 'update' from Sirius.

It's IMPOSSIBLE that HUNDREDS of people ALL started having very similar issues occurring at a much higher rate ALL at the same time within the last couple of weeks.

It's not possible. It has to be something related to either the Infotainment software or the SiriusXM module.

It can't be hardware. There's no way that hundreds (potentially thousands, we're only seeing the ones that are posted online) of people ALL started having hardware issues at the exact same time? Lol

I'm thinking it has to do with a update that Sirius pushed to their module.

I've owned several Sirius radios both portable AND in cars, and occasionally those radios would receive an 'update' from Sirius.

It's IMPOSSIBLE that HUNDREDS of people ALL started having very similar issues occurring at a much higher rate ALL at the same time within the last couple of weeks.

It's not possible. It has to be something related to either the Infotainment software or the SiriusXM module.

It can't be hardware. There's no way that hundreds (potentially thousands, we're only seeing the ones that are posted online) of people ALL started having hardware issues at the exact same time? Lol

I've has XM since the early days. I still have (and use) my original Delphi radio.

I've carried that Delphi from my home to my car to my job, and have also had 2 truck receivers with XM built in (still have one of those that I drive occasionally).

I've never had any of these problems. Not a single one. Not in 3 decades using 3 different receivers.

In the 6 months since owning my CX-5, I've not only had XM not load several times (and this seems to be getting more frequent), I've also had problems since Day 1 with the Voice Recognition function of the radio not working at all and occasional issues with the NAV not loading properly. And I'm retired. I am not a daily driver.

I love your optimism.
But it ain't Sirus.

Back