Cement!

:
2023 CX-5 Preferred AWD
So I'm at the gas pump and, as is my habit, I do a walk around of the car just to see if anything is amiss. I see a whitish spot about the size of a dime on the hood. Thinking bird poop, I grab the conveniently located windshield washer stick and give it a a little rub. The a little more rub...nothing. I get in close and, I swear on all that is holy, it's a dollop of cement! Not like glue cement, real live cement+sand+stone= concrete cement.

How the heck do I get that off without taking the paint down to the metal? I guess I could always find a similar colored Sharpie...

Attachments

• TheBori Cement 1.jpg
    TheBori Cement 1.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 154
  • TheBori Cement 2.jpg
    TheBori Cement 2.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 138
Seems that a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and distilled water is what you need. Soak a paper towel in the mixture, then put the towel on top of the cement and let it sit (do not try to rub it off). I would check it every 5 minutes or so, waiting until the cement comes off easily instead of trying to pick at it bit by bit with my fingernail.

https://carfromjapan.com/article/car-maintenance/how-to-remove-cement-from-car/

I would not have thought something as mild as vinegar would help, but I followed your link and saw the poor guy who drove through wet cement...yikes! I don't feel too bad now. Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Back