Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.

Thread: Stuck Clutch After Engine Change

Registered Member

Stuck Clutch After Engine Change

I changed the engine in my 06-3. Everything is in, the wires too, the axles. My current problem is that the clutch release fork is engaged, as if the clutch pedal was floored. The pedal does go to the floor just tapping on it, and has to be be returned by hand. Fluid is full. I'm gonna try to lever it back into position. It will suck if I end up having to remove the transmission again after all the work... Crossing my fingers that someone will offer advise and this is something that I'll be able to solve with the engine and tranny in place.

Registered Member

Slave cylinder is bad, but it is bad because the clutch release collar seems to be off. I took the rubber "gasket" that the release fork goes through, and it looks like there's a tiny bit of space to meddle with a flathead screwdriver or something similar, to try to move it into position. We'l see.

2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed

Be persistent and don't give up.
    2014 3S GT, Deep Crystal Blue, Eibach Pro-Kit, Enkei PF01s, Koni Sports, Pirelli P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS tires, 225/45/18
    2008 MX-5 Touring (Mazdaspeed CAI, HIDs, Progress/Koni Sports/Racing Beat sways, SST Magnaflow muffler and tips)

Registered Member

Thank you for the encouragement, Concept. I will keep on. I'll try to turn both wheels today, while having the transmission on first gear. I want to confirm that the transmission actually gets movement from the flywheel. It should, but I just feel that I need to confirm before I take the whole thing down again.