Ford lifted Mazda's CX-5 design

riodigital

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD w/Bose
I don't know about you, but I think Ford made another CX-5 in the upcoming 2020 Ford Escape.

I'm shocked how similar it looks. See for yourself.

https://youtu.be/Gr5du88tngc

2020-Ford-Escape-Exterior-021-Titanium-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
The thing is, theres as much chance of us owning a ford as there is of us owning a Peugeot or Citroen.

I hate the tabloid use of the word shocked. Shocked is somebody running round a supermarket with a gun but yes, I can see the similarities with the CX5. What they have done is launched with a hybrid powertrain which is a minimum these days. Come on Mazda, get your act together. Launching diesel (although satisfying a promise) is like launching steam. Hybrids and batteries are the way forward, not internal combustion engines.

I hate the tabloid use of the word shocked. Shocked is somebody running round a supermarket with a gun but yes, I can see the similarities with the CX5. What they have done is launched with a hybrid powertrain which is a minimum these days. Come on Mazda, get your act together. Launching diesel (although satisfying a promise) is like launching steam. Hybrids and batteries are the way forward, not internal combustion engines.

Agree
The moment I got the Mazda Reveal email I was watching a review video of the all electric Jaguar i-pace and thought it was more of the future and worthy of the latest automotive trend news. (Not that I want the Jaguar.)

Mass shootings aren't shocking anymore.
Sadly ...

They don't shock me anymore. Horrify? Disgust? Make me angry? Yes. Shock... Not so much.
Something that is shocking is something that makes you say "I cannot believe what I'm seeing".
Maybe I'm not clear on the proper definition.

Last edited:
Ford? nah not really. I think it's just the fact that nearly all vehicles in this segment share many similar design features. But I do think Mazda's Kodo design language stands out as the best looking out of all of them!

Its more like a Tiguan.

Sliding rear seats, and full panoramic sun roof.
In the UK Fords are also getting a 8 speed torque convertor auto, I will defiantly but looking at one when its out.

Back