2017~2024 Windshield crack on 2018 CX-5

deepuaishu

:
2018 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD
I found a crack on my windshield today morning. I have titanium plus additional coverage from Mazda. So today I took car to Mazda dealer and they advised me to call a particular number for windshield issue. Any idea whether they gonna charge me for the crack?

I have not heard of Mazda titanium coverage.
Could it be dealer addon through a 3rd party?
may be give them a call on this number the dealer gave and ask?

I had a crack develop recently but my dealer showed me how it was caused by a small stone chip and not a stress fracture(which Mazda would have covered). It slowly spread from the left A pillar at eye level about 3-4 inches a day so I contacted my insurance agent to proceed with a replacement claim. Now, my dealer warned me that there are some aftermarket windshields out there with minor fitment issues, but more importantly, with wiper defrost wires that are shorter than oem and therefore when connected up to the onboard connector it can be so tight it could slowly peel the defrost wires off the underside of the windshield. I explained this to my insurer and said they could contact my dealer to confirm this but they immediately agreed to purchase on oem windshield for a replacement. Yahoo!!

Last edited:
I found a crack on my windshield today morning. I have titanium plus additional coverage from Mazda. So today I took car to Mazda dealer and they advised me to call a particular number for windshield issue. Any idea whether they gonna charge me for the crack?

Your insurance company might pay for the windshield repair. Mine had a Safeliight Glass tech visit and "fill the ding in the glass" (so it would not spread), and for 3 years now the ding/crack never spread.

Your post is unclear. Is the dealer referring the work out because it's not covered by the Titanium Plus coverage? Or they source the coverage to a 3rd party for glass? If it's the latter, and it costs more than your insurance deductible (which is required by law in some states to be $0 for glass breakage), then you are getting ripped off.

Back