Sync Average with Trip A - greyed out

:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
So i was playing with the settings the other day and realized, "Sync Average with Trip A" under Fuel consumption settings is greyed out.
Any idea how to deselect or reselect this option?
On my previous Mazda3 i was able to do this, but with the cx-5 it doesn't seem to let me select it at all.
is it a bug with the newest firmware update?

thanks

Were you moving at the time? I've noticed that a lot of functions are disabled when moving, even some of the setting fields.

Were you moving at the time? I've noticed that a lot of functions are disabled when moving, even some of the setting fields.

i thought that was the issue, so i stopped, engaged park, and still nothing..weird
i even reset my avg...but to no avail

Yeah, as far as I know, there's no way to unsync the average fuel consumption calculator with your "Trip A" value. It's written in the manual itself that the average and the "Trip A" will reset together at the same time

Yeah, as far as I know, there's no way to unsync the average fuel consumption calculator with your "Trip A" value. It's written in the manual itself that the average and the "Trip A" will reset together at the same time

thanks, yeah the earlier versions you were able to unsync.

I've been confused why trying to unknot the manual's explanation on this function. I've not played with it because I use the Trip A to calculate my mileage for every tank and I don't want to goof it up.

Plus, it seems that synching depends on the Display (dash gauge) type you have:

FEM.jpg

Back