Issues I didn't expect from the new 2019 Mazda3

Just like this. Two buttons, easy to set every time in markets that would require it, or the vehicle can remember the setting.

It is idiotic for them to lose customers to this. EASY fix.

PiYln8y.jpg

I highly, highly doubt they would do it, but I wonder if it could be added to a software menu in an update. It won't be, but I wonder if it is technically feasible, if issues with the system really did start to pile up.

It's possible for sure. It's just a matter of programming. I'm more worried about legal problems. It's tested and approved with CD. With the system switched off, it's MPG will change. But during the VW dieselgate scandel VW reprogrammed, even modified existing engines. These fixes were approved. There's a chance a CD off option will be approved too.

Hello all. I realize this is an old thread. However with regards to CD there is now a TSB out for engine vibration due to cylinder deactivation. It has to do with replacing the radiator mounting brackets with modified ones and updating software. While it did not get rid of the problem completely for me it certainly did help in some respects. Still can be bad around 85 kmh but it is much improved at all other speeds . Wish it wasn't there at all, but it's a start and obviously they are aware now.

Back