Apparently I like Gray...

I've never seen a Gen 2 Titanium Flash CX-5. For the US I assumed they dropped it after the 2016.5 model year.

I've never seen a Gen 2 Titanium Flash CX-5. For the US I assumed they dropped it after the 2016.5 model year.

Maybe they dropped it in the US because nobody was opting for that colour? Looks like it's still an available colour for Australia as well.

Maybe they dropped it in the US because nobody was opting for that colour? Looks like it's still an available colour for Australia as well.
I mean, who is clamoring for a brown car? I suppose a few.

My 2014 is Liquid Silver color which can look drab gray on overcast gray days but otherwise I find pleasing due to it's "richness".But right after I got it, installed aftermarket leds above the fog lights.They're integrated into the plastic bezel surrounding the fog light and they are brighter than the stock DRL's and improve visibility on a car that tends to blend with the road.Even mounted as low as they are, they do make other drivers notice.Just my experience.
As far as mazda's color offerings,well it could be expanded and that's another subject. Jmaz

Almost all of the cars I've owned in the past 50 years have either been blue or grey. (If it wasn't either one of those colours, it was because it was a company car where I had no colour choice)
First car was a '65 Chevy, blue.
Current car is a Mazda 6, machine grey, with my other ride being a blue 2002 Pathfinder, with shades of brown (rust).

I had a 1985 VW Jetta which came in 'polar silver metallic'.I remember it being a nice color somewhere between a silver and champagne but not "silvery silver " or gold like champagne.Occasionally I'll see a car with similar color but don't remember what they were.The German cars and the luxury Japanese cars have some nice metallics.Of course the color has to fit the body style at least somewhat. Jmaz

I had a 1985 VW Jetta which came in 'polar silver metallic'.I remember it being a nice color somewhere between a silver and champagne but not "silvery silver " or gold like champagne.Occasionally I'll see a car with similar color but don't remember what they were.The German cars and the luxury Japanese cars have some nice metallics.Of course the color has to fit the body style at least somewhat. Jmaz

I had a similarly coloured (sort of..) car in my younger days. A Honda Accord in "Seattle Silver" (photo is not mine, sourced from Google).

6241186.jpg

My buddy had a silver 2005 Mazda 3S. Both of ours were manuals. He had some issues with his, had to replace the clutch and some other stuff. I never had a single problem with mine. Not one. In fact, I haven't had any problems with any of the Mazdas or Toyotas I've owned. Can't say the same for Hondas though.

Which is weird because my 89 Camry was on its 3rd manual gearbox by the time I got rid of it with only 155,000 miles on it. My 94 Integra GSR on the other hand, has 369,000 miles and has had no major issues other than a blown head gasket at 330,000 which I repaired, plus just regular wear and tear repairs for a 25 year old car that I've owned the past 18 years.

I mean, who is clamoring for a brown car? I suppose a few.

a nice taupe or brown is much more appealing IMO than red or white which I would never consider, but I guess I'm in the minority. that's OK

Every time I see a BROWN car I think "dang why would anyone want a BROWN car??" Silver and white FTW. Black is nice but only if the paint is fully corrected. I particularly love these dark red metallic colors like Mazda's Soul Red Crystal, and a similar color used on Chevy Colorado pickups (color of my dad's truck).

40590613_262227247832274_1700380837327762386_n.jpg

Every time I see a BROWN car I think "dang why would anyone want a BROWN car??" Silver and white FTW. Black is nice but only if the paint is fully corrected. I particularly love these dark red metallic colors like Mazda's Soul Red Crystal, and a similar color used on Chevy Colorado pickups (color of my dad's truck).

40590613_262227247832274_1700380837327762386_n.jpg

every time a see a bright red vehicle I think it looks like a toy, not a grown up vehicle. Taupe looks classy...different strokes...

Back