Apparently I like Gray...

sulaco

2005 Mazda3S (I miss this car really bad)
2qx5nrq.jpg

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring (Wife just totaled this one)
ht9vlk.jpg

2019 Mazda CX-5 Touring Preferred Package (Stole this pic online, same car though minus front license plate)
fdxf8x.jpg

2005 Mazda3S (I miss this car really bad)
2qx5nrq.jpg

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring (Wife just totaled this one)
ht9vlk.jpg

2019 Mazda CX-5 Touring Preferred Package (Stole this pic online, same car though minus front license plate)
fdxf8x.jpg

Im am getting rid of my Mazda3 this year and hope I don't miss it. Your comment makes me not want to get rid of it but the impending breakdown and broken motor mounts reel me back into reality. Nice CX-5 btw.

My buddy had a silver 2005 Mazda 3S. Both of ours were manuals. He had some issues with his, had to replace the clutch and some other stuff. I never had a single problem with mine. Not one. In fact, I haven't had any problems with any of the Mazdas or Toyotas I've owned. Can't say the same for Hondas though.

I am also glad that your wife came out of that accident with no injuries. There's no doubt that the CX-5 is built for safety.

It's interesting, however, that you are stuck on the gray colors. Also of interest is that gray vehicles are some of the most difficult to see by other drivers. Accident stats seem to prove this from what I have read over the years. Apparently, even DRLs don't seem to make much difference where the color is concerned.

Hopefully, I won't get flamed for my previous statement. I'm just the messenger.:)

No flaming from me! 😀 I can see where gray might be more difficult to see but when someone pulls out the way that driver did it wouldnt have mattered what color her car was. He had no insurance and no drivers license and couldnt speak English. He went to jail. I am pretty sure he was just not paying attention. Funny thing my wifes Camry when we got married was also gray. 😉

In regards to colors, it seems Mazda is set on the same boring colors. Black, white, red, silver, blue, gray. I would never buy white, red, or blue. Black is boring and not thrilled with their silver. Why not a nice taupe or some kind of brown? I guess the answer is simple, most want the above colors.

In regards to colors, it seems Mazda is set on the same boring colors. Black, white, red, silver, blue, gray. I would never buy white, red, or blue. Black is boring and not thrilled with their silver. Why not a nice taupe or some kind of brown? I guess the answer is simple, most want the above colors.

Because, they want to sell vehicles, not have them sitting on their lots for months. Not many buyers for brown and taupe colored vehicles. They make Eternal Blue for the people looking to be a little different. :)

The CX-5 does have a brown colour option. You have two shades of grey (Sonic Silver Metallic and Machine Grey Metallic), two shades of blue (Deep Crystal Blue Mica and Etenal Blue Mica), Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Snowflake White Pearl, Jet Black Mica and Titanium Flash Mica (which is the brown). However, when you go up to the Signature trim, the only colours offered are red, white, black and the two shades of grey. It seems odd that they would offer limited colours in their top trim, but I guess they thought brown on brown would be too monotone and blue on brown wouldn't look good together.

The CX-5 does have a brown colour option. You have two shades of grey (Sonic Silver Metallic and Machine Grey Metallic), two shades of blue (Deep Crystal Blue Mica and Etenal Blue Mica), Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Snowflake White Pearl, Jet Black Mica and Titanium Flash Mica (which is the brown). However, when you go up to the Signature trim, the only colours offered are red, white, black and the two shades of grey. It seems odd that they would offer limited colours in their top trim, but I guess they thought brown on brown would be too monotone and blue on brown wouldn't look good together.

have not seen the titanium flash mica at any dealer.

The LAST thing I'll own is a car the color of asphalt that cannot be seen, or looks as bland as barn wood. I am aghast that Mazda sells only one (sometimes 2 if the bright blue is offered) non-bland color in everything. I am sure Mazda would like to replace my 13 year old MX-5 with a new one, but with only 4 colors and only one attractive, the same as my CX-5, in ain't happening. They shot themselves in the foot again when they make an LSD only available with a model that had Blose audio.

Titanium flash mica is not even an available color for 2019 according to mazdausa site - perhaps another country?

The LAST thing I'll own is a car the color of asphalt that cannot be seen, or looks as bland as barn wood. I am aghast that Mazda sells only one (sometimes 2 if the bright blue is offered) non-bland color in everything. I am sure Mazda would like to replace my 13 year old MX-5 with a new one, but with only 4 colors and only one attractive, the same as my CX-5, in ain't happening. They shot themselves in the foot again when they make an LSD only available with a model that had Blose audio.

Sounds like the color of a car is the least of your issues...

My buddy had a silver 2005 Mazda 3S. Both of ours were manuals. He had some issues with his, had to replace the clutch and some other stuff. I never had a single problem with mine. Not one. In fact, I haven't had any problems with any of the Mazdas or Toyotas I've owned. Can't say the same for Hondas though.

Back in Jan 2005 I wanted your exact M3 model so bad. It was a white version hatchback manual. Just didn't have the means to pull it off. Always wondered how it would've been to drive that for 10 years. To today it still has great looks.

This is why you have the option to vinyl or better yet, autoflex. Autoflex is a peelable paint much like vinyl that is scratch resistant and fuel resistant . Looks like paint and has no seams like vinyl. Of course you would be paying a bit more for this option but hey the premium color choices currently are upwards of $500 and autoflex protects the paint. Might go this route for my next Mazda

Titanium flash mica is not even an available color for 2019 according to mazdausa site - perhaps another country?

Hmm, looks like Mazda USA dropped the colour for the 2019 CX-5. Titanium Flash Mica is still available for the Canadian 2019 CX-5.

Back