2019 Soul Red CX5

zeedic

:
2019 Soul Red GT w/Premium Pack CX-5
Hello, I have my GT Premium CX5 for a month now and loving it, I would have prefer a smaller vehicle but as far as cuv goes this is an awesome cuv. The GT reserve was really fun but we didn't really need for putting around the city so the Premium pack is a perfect luxury vehicle.
My plan right now is to tint the front windows and put paint protection on her, does anyone have suggestion on a good set of lowered springs since I don't plan on doing much offroading.

Actually, the only thing that should be of concern is state laws with regard to tinting. Here in MASS, adding tinting to the front side windows will cause you to fail the annual state inspection, or get pulled over and ticketed. This state is very aggressive with enforcement. YMMV.........

Actually, the only thing that should be of concern is state laws with regard to tinting. Here in MASS, adding tinting to the front side windows will cause you to fail the annual state inspection, or get pulled over and ticketed. This state is very aggressive with enforcement. YMMV.........

In IL you can't add any tint to the windshield. However, they recently allowed a mild tinting to the front windows. Just don't take it into Chicago, where they claim "house rules" and will ticket you, even though it's legal in the state. (bang)

yup in NYC, you also can't pass inspections if you tint the front side windows.
I do not like dark tints, but wanted some protection, but even at 50% tints, you won't pass...unless you know someone who knows someone, and even then
you have to pay $$$ extra to pass every year...not worth it.

Based on what statistics? I don't ever recall hearing of an accident caused by tinted windows.

I work in Chicago and have to do a lot of foot commuting. I always look at the driver's eyes before crossing streets. If you can't see them, you have no idea if they know you're there. To me, that's a safety hazard.

Also, Police don't like not being able to see the driver when walking up to a car with heavily tinted windows. A safety hazard for them!

All in all, just lookup what the laws are in your area for tinting front windows.

Thanks for the tint windows tips, will probably just keep it stock. Anyone got suggestion on a soft lowered spring kit? Air suspension is a bit expensive so I want to lower it like 2-3 inches.

I work in Chicago and have to do a lot of foot commuting. I always look at the driver's eyes before crossing streets. If you can't see them, you have no idea if they know you're there. To me, that's a safety hazard.

Exactly .
Pedestrians as well as other motorists need to know if you can see them.

That's interesting. I do the same thing.

Thanks for the tint windows tips, will probably just keep it stock. Anyone got suggestion on a soft lowered spring kit? Air suspension is a bit expensive so I want to lower it like 2-3 inches.

I plan on having mine tinted to provide some UV protection for the interior.

Check your state law. Here is an extract of Virginia's law, just for chit-chat purposes:

1. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of the Commonwealth that reduce the total light transmittance of such window to less than 35 percent;

2. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of the Commonwealth that reduce total light transmittance of such window to less than 50 percent;

3. No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle that (i) have a reflectance of light exceeding 20 percent or (ii) produce a holographic or prism effect.

I plan on having mine tinted to provide some UV protection for the interior.

Check your state law. Here is an extract of Virginia's law, just for chit-chat purposes:

1. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of the Commonwealth that reduce the total light transmittance of such window to less than 35 percent;

2. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of the Commonwealth that reduce total light transmittance of such window to less than 50 percent;

3. No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle that (i) have a reflectance of light exceeding 20 percent or (ii) produce a holographic or prism effect.

Well that's interesting, because there are TONS and TONS of vehicles with factory rear window tint with VLT lower than 35%. Including the CX5. So how can those vehicles be legal to operate in Virginia?

Well that's interesting, because there are TONS and TONS of vehicles with factory rear window tint with VLT lower than 35%. Including the CX5. So how can those vehicles be legal to operate in Virginia?

I think that law only applies to vehicle tint applied to the car after the fact, not to factory tinted windows. At least, that's how it is here.

Youd be laughed out of Florida with no tinting front windows :-D

Funny, but true! And it helps with definitely necessary heat control and to prevent interior damage from the sun. I lived in NJ most of my life until moving to FL about 11 years ago, and I never once felt it was necessary to tint my front driver/passenger windows, and in fact thought doing so kinda implied someone was up to no good. Now, I see it as a requirement here in FL as long as one stays within the applicable laws.

That being said, to those who say it can be considered dangerous, I must say that there WAS an adjustment period for me with my first tinted FL vehicle (Mazda6) when driving at night and dusk/dawn...while legally tinted, I started out by rolling down the windows at intersections just to ensure I was clearly seeing any cross-traffic, etc, in particular those vehicles without headlights/DRLs turned on even if they should be at a particular time of day. Eventually, however, I got used to the tint and just made sure I took a bit more time to look before going without the need to roll down the windows.

Back