2017~2024 Power Liftgate

Hey, so I am getting a 2018 CX-5 Touring model and unfortunately it doesn't have the Power LiftGate option
and is annoying as heck.

The dealer told me to go to the aftermarket as he doesn't think it's possible for him to do so.
Do you guys know any good aftermarket to do so?

P.S. I can't do DIY, I wouldn't mind paying $200 extra to get it all done and ready for me.

That kit offers an optional foot sensor!

I wonder how easy it would be to add that to an existing power gate.

I got a quote from an installer today: $600 just to add a kick sensor. The guy should be aware that my car already comes with a power liftgate, as he confirmed with me twice that there's an existing button to operate the gate. The price sounds a bit outrageous. Or reasonable? Anyone?

By the way the kick sensor is not really about laziness or convenience in my case. The only reason I want to avoid the liftgate button is that it tends to attract a lot of road dirt when it rains etc. Basically the rear of my car is more dirty than all my previous cars. Not sure if this has to do with the fact this is my first car where I've skipped the mudguards. Perhaps I should install these after all...

I got a quote from an installer today: $600 just to add a kick sensor. The guy should be aware that my car already comes with a power liftgate, as he confirmed with me twice that there's an existing button to operate the gate. The price sounds a bit outrageous. Or reasonable? Anyone?

By the way the kick sensor is not really about laziness or convenience in my case. The only reason I want to avoid the liftgate button is that it tends to attract a lot of road dirt when it rains etc. Basically the rear of my car is more dirty than all my previous cars. Not sure if this has to do with the fact this is my first car where I've skipped the mudguards. Perhaps I should install these after all...

That's a chunk of change, but I really have no idea how much labor is involved. I guess at $600, it must be significant. It's more than just installing a switch...it's gotta have power as well.

I'd want one just because none of the other kids have it.

Holy balls I feel old. I remember when windows were manual!

I used to look for cars with manual windows because power window motors weren't lasting as long as I had the car. They don't even exist!

If it makes you feel better, people still say "Roll up the windows." Dunno when we're gonna stop.

Heck, my Austin Healey didn't even have windows...it had removable plastic side curtains.

Same here :) I remember the days when I had to lean over to adjust the outside mirror (passenger side) then sit back again, only to realize I had to do it again.

As mentioned I'm thinking of the kick sensor out of need, not following the trend or something. The button often picks up soil from the road. I can of course use the remote though.

That's so pricey. How much do you think if it only offered power liftgate but not the kick sensor?

That's so pricey. How much do you think if it only offered power liftgate but not the kick sensor?

No idea, I didn't ask. But I now suspect what he's quoted me on kick sensor only = what he would be charging for the whole power liftgate system INCL. kick sensor. :-( I should have first asked him the price for the latter.

No idea, I didn't ask. But I now suspect what he's quoted me on kick sensor only = what he would be charging for the whole power liftgate system INCL. kick sensor. :-( I should have first asked him the price for the latter.

Yeah, I'm ok if the whole thing with the kick sensor is like $1k because I DO NOT WANT TO OPEN THE TRUNK WITH DAMN HANDS.

Back