What new Mazda reveal at 2019 NY autoshow?

Tell that to the dealer.

It takes me less than 30 minutes to change the oil on either of my cars.
The point I was making is that any maintenance offering from Mazda or my dealership is not worth it to me because the dealer takes 10 times the amount of time to do anything and I am not willing to sit and wait that long. I have better things to do than sit and look at a wall for 2+ hours. The maintenance offering is a non-incentive as far as I am concerned.

Agreed. If my car has to go to the dealer shortly after I buy it, then I bought the wrong car to begin with initially...

You can keep your free oil changes and hopes of an up sale at those times, too...

And don't most car companies that offer service coverage usually go 3 years?
Kind of insulting I think. Dealer charges me $69 to change the oil and rotate the tires.
So Mazda will basically give me.... $140 if I buy a $41,000 CX5.
Thanks Mazda.
The marketing already sucks.
Go to the website there are few details about the car. A BOLD NEW CHOICE FOR A MORE....PREMIUM DRIVE. This is your tagline?
"A premium CUV deserves a premium ownership experience. That*s why every 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature SKYACTIV-D comes with a zero-cost maintenance program that covers you for the first 2 years or 30,000 miles."
So the regular Signature isn't premium now? Just s*** now?
Poorly done.

That **** thing is still broken? WTF Antoine?!?! :D

Kind of insulting I think. Dealer charges me $69 to change the oil and rotate the tires.
Thanks Mazda.
Go to the website there are few details about the car. A BOLD NEW CHOICE FOR A MORE....PREMIUM DRIVE. This is your tagline?
"A premium CUV deserves a premium ownership experience. That*s why every 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature SKYACTIV-D comes with a zero-cost maintenance program that covers you for the first 2 years or 30,000 miles."
Poorly done.

Give Mazda some slack, they're new to this premium shiznit.

They should've charged for complimentary $150 oil changes for any of their premium models. :) that'll really weed out the cheap car buyers!!!

In fact they could re-print the oil bottles with "Premium" on it despite being the same juice.

The point I was making is that any maintenance offering from Mazda or my dealership is not worth it to me because the dealer takes 10 times the amount of time to do anything and I am not willing to sit and wait that long. I have better things to do than sit and look at a wall for 2+ hours.

A simple solution to this is to drop off the car at the dealership and go do your errands. Depending on how much you have to do, the car will be ready before you even finish running errands. It's not really a solution for 2+ hour dealership visits for an oil change, but at the same time if it always takes more than 2 hours for an oil change, then you need to consider a different dealership, or like you do, DIY the oil change.

No, the MPG on US version CX-5 with SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel is far worse than 40 mpg on the highway based on already announced EPA fuel economy ratings!

attachment.php

View attachment 220735

That's not really any better than my 2016.5 2.5l AWD and no better tow rating, apparently and less power.

Thanks Mazda.
Poorly done.

You are assuming the diesel has the same maintenance as the petrol, which may not be the case. But I agree, the marketing for this is not good. It is hard to break down the sales for each trim and I do wonder how this will sell. If it does not sell well, I expect Mazda will never talk about it.

Last edited:
WTF is Mazda putting this engine in the 40k plus models?

Should've put this in the Touring mid-high 20k models imho.

WTF is Mazda putting this engine in the 40k plus models?

Should've put this in the Touring mid-high 20k models imho.

They may not sell many, but I suspect the reason they put it in the expensive model is because its expensive to build, some people who want diesel really really want diesel, and its supposed to drive real nice :)

Back