2016 CX-5 Lease Ending Soon

Hello!

So, I am currently leasing a 2016 (?) CX-5 Sport (base model) which ends on July 3rd. I love the vehicle but I have had bad luck with it although it has almost no miles on it.

Year: 2016
Mileage: 12,000 (roughly)
Issues: no mechanical
Cosmetic: door dent (3 inch long, 1/2 wide), 2 windows were replaced along with both driver side and passenger side due to someone trying to break in after having it for 2 weeks (all have been fixed)

I kinda of want to end my lease when it is up in July due to the fact that I like the newer body style better, prefer not to have black exterior anymore, and really not a fan of the limited Sport model "features" or lackthereof.

Anyone have input on what you would do, in terms of buying the vehicle out (though I would need another loan), buying a 2018 or just getting a 2019 (Touring or GT)? I know I need more details like how much it is going to cost to trade it back in and how much I owe, etc., but looking mainly for opinions.

Current Payment: $286/month (3 year lease) with 16k miles allowed though I didn't even get close!

Thanks!

EDIT: I live in Texas btw (not sure if that matters), but those vented seats are <3

Last edited:
Hello!

So, I am currently leasing a 2016 (?) CX-5 Sport (base model) which ends on July 3rd. I love the vehicle but I have had bad luck with it although it has almost no miles on it.

Year: 2016
Mileage: 12,000 (roughly)
Issues: no mechanical
Cosmetic: door dent (3 inch long, 1/2 wide), 2 windows were replaced along with both driver side and passenger side due to someone trying to break in after having it for 2 weeks (all have been fixed)

I kinda of want to end my lease when it is up in July due to the fact that I like the newer body style better, prefer not to have black exterior anymore, and really not a fan of the limited Sport model "features" or lackthereof.

Anyone have input on what you would do, in terms of buying the vehicle out (though I would need another loan), buying a 2018 or just getting a 2019 (Touring or GT)? I know I need more details like how much it is going to cost to trade it back in and how much I owe, etc., but looking mainly for opinions.

Current Payment: $286/month (3 year lease) with 16k miles allowed though I didn't even get close!

Thanks!
Trade it in on the new one you want. You should get some good trade in numbers based on the very low miles on yours.(hippy)

Trade it in on the new one you want. You should get some good trade in numbers based on the very low miles on yours.(hippy)

Oh I forgot to add, there is a little bit of small pieces of concrete on the front bumper as the morons at my apartment complex decided to put new walkways down without sending out an email x.x

GT-R or Sg model. Nothing else makes sense in the CX5 line, IMO. RAV4 Hybrid would be what I'd buy if not for the GT-R/Sg

Oh I forgot to add, there is a little bit of small pieces of concrete on the front bumper as the morons at my apartment complex decided to put new walkways down without sending out an email x.x

You could talk to a local detailer, he could probably get those bits off. Or you might be able to do it yourself using a clay bar, some polish, and a wax to finish.

Definitely try trading in. The car might be worth more than the payoff so thats money in your pocket. If not, turn it back in (youll likely have to pay a disposition fee at turn in, check your lease documents). Get yourself a new car. No need to buy something you dont care for.

You should talk to apt. management about this. If no notice was given and your car was damaged then they should be held responsible.

Mazda wants to sell or lease a new car to you, so they're liable to give you a decent deal if you trade it in. Check book values so you'll have a frame of reference, and then just go talk to them and see what kind of deal they'll give you on a 19. If you start the conversation, you may be pleasantly surprised. Nothing to lose by talking to them.

Back