Helper Springs

I have a habit of loading my CX-5 down. This weekend was no exception thanks to spring cleaning and yard work. I dont know much about these, but I have been told i should look into helper springs. A quick search brought up the previous gen, but i didnt see any follow up.

So the question, do any of you have helper springs on your ride? I have a 2018, not sure if that makes a difference. Do you recommend them and what brands? Even etrailer had a lot within the same price point and i cannot tell the difference. So any help with yes or no and model will be greatly appreciated.
a1a4f4ecd1672e5a7e3345057ecc2199.jpg

Last edited:
I load down mine as well, I think you are looking for adjustable air bags that install in your rear coil springs, and I have had them installed for a couple of months. I haul a trailer and sometimes have a tongue weight of 150-200 LBS. I also have a cargo carrier that I use in the hitch for trips, and that along with luggage in the back, and people in the back seat, can really make the rear end squat. I had issues with the cargo carrier dragging when turning into and out of parking lots.

You pump these up with a bike pump to around 35 PSI, and the max squat I now get with a heavy load is about an inch, and then it just holds. So much nicer to keep the vehicle level overall. Deflate to 5 PSI when there is no load, and you never know they are there. Cost is around $100 plus 2 hours of your time. Here are some pics of my setup. I will be going to Colorado at the end of the month and will have the carrier loaded down and will try to remember to get some pics with the air suspension inflated vs deflated to show you the difference. Sorry the pics are kinda sideways.
IMG-0405.JPGIMG-0406.JPGIMG-0407.JPGIMG-0414.JPG

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back