Tires

I take Tire Rack's reviews with a grain of salt. My last car, I got new tires not because of wear but because they were 10 years old. Tire Rack had great reviews for Generals, so I got them. I would have given those tires a 1 star. The side walls weren't stiff enough, and the front tires, which carried more weight, had roll. They felt like crap and wore funny even though I put more air in them than they called for. Looking up my current tires, they get poor reviews but I would give them 5 stars. Well maybe 4 stars, on some roads they are noisy. I won't know about wear on my current tires for a while.

I just replaced my factory stock Yokohama Geolander G91As on my 2017 CX-5 AWD Touring trim. The size on my tires are the 225/65R17. I got 41K miles out of my factory stock Yoko tires.

I researched online on tirerack.com and at my local Costco and Discount Tires shop. I was initially leaning towards going with the BFG T/A advantage Sport but eventually went with the Bridgestone Turanza Quiet Tracks which is their premium H rated all season tire.

The reason I went with them was because I got Discount Tires to match Costcos price of $576 out the door with the same full 80K mile warranty.Also there is a rebate with discount tire for a $70 rebate for buying a set of Bridgestone tires.

I have plenty of reasons why I hate Costcos tire center and dealing with them before and their overall horrible customer service from their tire service sales & services techs.Every single Costco Ive been to in my city & county the experience has been bad.

Best advice I can give is use Costco pricing against them and go to a place like Discount Tire.

Last edited:
I just replaced my factory stock Yokohama Geolander G91A*s on my 2017 CX-5 AWD Touring trim. The size on my tires are the 225/65R17. I got 41K miles out of my factory stock Yoko tires.

I researched online on tirerack.com and at my local Costco and Discount Tires shop. I was initially leaning towards going with the BFG T/A advantage Sport but eventually went with the Bridgestone Turanza Quiet Tracks which is their premium H rated all season tire.

The reason I went with them was because I got Discount Tires to match Costco*s price of $576 out the door with the same full 80K mile warranty.Also there is a rebate with discount tire for a $70 rebate for buying a set of Bridgestone tires.

I have plenty of reasons why I hate Costco*s tire center and dealing with them before and their overall horrible customer service from their tire service sales & services techs.Every single Costco I*ve been to in my city & county the experience has been bad.

Best advice I can give is use Costco pricing against them and go to a place like Discount Tire.
Didn't know it's Discount Tire Store in San Diego like Texas. In NorCal all I see is America's Tire.

Yeah I use Discount Tire all the time and use either Costco or other on-line low pricing to have them to match it if the price is higher. Discount Tire usually has better tire changing equipment and I prefer to use them than Costco.

I have plenty of reasons why I hate Costco*s tire center and dealing with them before and their overall horrible customer service from their tire service sales & services techs.Every single Costco I*ve been to in my city & county the experience has been bad.

I am surprised to hear that you have such bad luck with COSTCO. I, on the other hand, have had nothing but the best of service at the 2 COSTCO tire centers that I have used over the years up here in Canada.

bought the new bridgstone alenza 001 and love it,its oem on the bmwx5,Porsche cayenne and the mb glx.top notch tire,handling,noise levels and comfort at its finest.had michelins,toyos u name it the alenza is by far the best.

bought the new bridgstone alenza 001 and love it,its oem on the bmwx5,Porsche cayenne and the mb glx.top notch tire,handling,noise levels and comfort at its finest.had michelins,toyos u name it the alenza is by far the best.

What size are you running? Tire Rack says it's not available in 225/55-19.

https://www.tirerack.com/survey/Sur...a+001+RFT&fromTireDetail=true&tirePageLocQty=

Those reviews dont look so hot, though...
Bridgestone Alenza 001 RFT doesn't offer 225/55R19, and "300 A A" UTQG is not impressive either. No wonder Bridgestone doesn't offer any tread-life warranty for this tire.

I also won't get Run Flat tires as our CX-5 does have a spare, although it's a bit too small.

I take Tire Rack's reviews with a grain of salt. My last car, I got new tires not because of wear but because they were 10 years old. Tire Rack had great reviews for Generals, so I got them. I would have given those tires a 1 star. The side walls weren't stiff enough, and the front tires, which carried more weight, had roll. They felt like crap and wore funny even though I put more air in them than they called for. Looking up my current tires, they get poor reviews but I would give them 5 stars. Well maybe 4 stars, on some roads they are noisy. I won't know about wear on my current tires for a while.
You have a 2018 CX-5 Sport, so you have 225/65R17 tires.

General AltiMAX RT43 has been popular in this forum. Most CX-5 owners who have used them giving positive reviews. Are you sure your 225/65R17 AltiMAX RT43 is not T-rated which is much inferior on performance than H-rated with the same size and price?

Back